Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolphin watch / swim

Florida Chatterbox

Dolphin watch / swim

Can anyone help? We want to do a dolphin watch / swim. We are staying in emerald island and have done 'discovery cove'. It was to 'captive' for me. Anybody had any other dolphin experience, or even a boat trip to see dolphins that we could do in a day? I'm sure there is more down at the keys but its a bit to far.
    Thanks for any help

Florida Newbie
    Hi,

The Sea Screamer at Clearwater might be worth a look. We did it in April this year and saw a good few dolphins. We thought it was good value for money at about $20 each and it was well over a hours tour.

SJP

Florida Expert
    We also went on Sea Screamer and had a great day out. There were a lot of dolphins following the boat. It was a great experience.
    Mary

Florida Chatterbox
    many thanks for these tips, had never even heard of the sea screamer, it looks fab, kids very excited, something else on the 'to do list'!![clap][clap][clap]

Florida Newbie
    If you are up for a bit of a drive, the Dolphin Research Center on the Keys is well worth a visit. It is a much more 'natural' experience as the dolphins are kept in large sea water lagoons. We just spent the whole day there, as our daughter had saved up to be a Trainer for the day. She loved every minute of it.

We didn't try the sea screamer but will next time, however the dolphins swam very close to the shoreline quite a few times during our day at the beach and even that was very exciting for me
    Karen Scott

Florida Chatterbox
    lindyloo, can i ask did you drive down in one day? and were you staying in kissimmee? how long did it take?
    thanks

Florida Newbie
    Sorry for the delay.

To drive there in a day is a liitle bit far - it would take about 4 hours on the Florida turnpike. There is, however, a great little motel just up the road called the Flamingo Inn. So if you wanted to venture down I would recommand staying down there a day or to. The whole area is well worth a visit.

Florida Savvy
    There are several companies that offer manatee and dolphin cruises over on the banana river departing from Kelly Park - about a 45-60 minute drive out towards KSC. They are small companies often with a couple of boats each but we have been several times and it is a lot more personal and sedate than the 40mph Sea Screamer ... these guys cut the engine and drift and the manatees come right up close ... and the dolphins come in via Canaveral lock for a play too.
    Barry

Florida Chatterbox
    that sounds really nice also! do you have a web address? i've googled kelly park but cant find the bit about the boats.
    thanks for your help