Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: cheap supermarkets near disney

Florida Junior

cheap supermarkets near disney

Hi all,

my family and i are off to the Comtemporary resort for 3 weeks [clap] only got 8 days to go as we are staying in a disney property we have not got a hire car. does anybody know of any cheap local supermarkets to the contemporary? cheers guys[msnwink]

Nothing really close as your are Disney property but if you go to google maps you can search for close places. I would thing the closest Walmrt would be on SR 535.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Big Al 154
    Hi all,

my family and i are off to the Comtemporary resort for 3 weeks [clap] only got 8 days to go as we are staying in a disney property we have not got a hire car. does anybody know of any cheap local supermarkets to the contemporary? cheers guys[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    yip I second that there is no supermarkets or even shops other than disney gift shops near to any disney hotel, I think this may be intentional so you dont take food into the hotels and resorts,

maybe you should think of hiring a car for a few days to stock up in food , and also get you too the fantastic Malls and outlet stores you will miss by not having transport,

Or you could just get a taxi

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    As you dont have a hire car you will be limited to what is on the resort itself, most of the disney properties will have some sort of supermarket, you can buy, water, small boxes of cereals, milk, biscuits, wine, beer and that. Nothing major and the prices will reflect that it is not a supermarket.
    CERI

Disney do not encourage you to leave their Hotels for the big wide world - I would suggest Car Hire for at least 2 days shopping- you will recoup the money on the savings in food THere is nothing in walking distance of the Contemporary, other than Magic Kingdom, and thats a trek

As said before hire a car from UK not when you get there as it is dearer in USA to hire a car and at least you will see more of Florida .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    We stayed for 1 night at the Caribbean Beach resort at New Year and there were basic groceries in the resort shop but they were more expensive than outside. We didnt need to buy them as we'd taken some of our leftovers from the villa (our next guests overlapped with our trip by a day so we moved out early.
    We had a small fridge in our room but I'm not sure if all their accommodation does now. I know friends wh have always stayed at the cheaper resorts and they didnt even have access to drink making facilities, so anytime they wanted anything had to pay the price asked.

You can get a taxi from Disney to sonewhere a bit cheaper. I remember our first trip we stayed on the 192 and apart from a 7/11 we couldnt find anything that sold groceries until we stumbled by accident on a Walmart and a Publix. If you got a taxi to somewhere like Walmart on Sand Lake road you may find that the savings you make overall are worth thr trip.

Alternatively some of the things you can take with you that tend to be expensive on site. Our local Poundland has 250g boxes of Rice Krispies, COrnflakes , Sugar Puffs etc. tea bags.
    Whenever we have been stopping in an hotel I have always put in one of the cheap picnic packs with cutlery plates, bowls and cups (usually been able to pick them up from poundland) that way if we want to have a snack we can do so easily) and if we've bought too much shopping can just leave them there without worrying about it. Sometimes it's not the cost but the convenience that you want.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    I would certainly take T bags and coffee, we bought some of the coffee sticks you get in hotels , even some cup a soups as they are always good to stave off the hunger a bit .

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i] THere is nothing in walking distance of the Contemporary, other than Magic Kingdom, and thats a trek
    [/quote]

More like a gentle stroll than a trek[msnsmile]
    We walk to and from MK/Cont on most visits along the walkway, rather than stand in que for boats or monorail.
    But no cheap food shopping on site
    So as advised get a car for a few days[msnwink]
    mike

Florida Savvy
    There is a Winn Dixie just over a mile frm DTD on the South Apopka/Vineland rd/535. That is the closest normal one.

More expensive but closer is Goodings at the crossroads. Cheapest on Disney property might be the convenience store at the HEss Gas station across the street from DTD morketplace.