Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: February Half Term

Florida Newbie

February Half Term

We're thinking of going to Orlando on 15th Feb 2010 when the kids have a weeks holiday. We would keep them off school for a week and return on the 19th. Does anyone know if USA schools are also on holiday during this period as I suppose the parks could be rather busy if this is the case.

I realise it may be a little cooler in February but will it be warm enough to go to the water parks?

We have often been to Orlando in February and it is a great time to go as it is generally quite warm, whereas at home in the UK everyone is shivering!

It is not usually very busy, so again, its a great time to visit the parks. We have not been to the water parks in February, but am sure there will be others who can tell you what it is like.

Hope you have a great time - am sure you will!
    ellie

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    As I tend to go in school holidays, and have been in February for a few years now. On the whole the weather is still warm, but cooler than months of June etc. The water parks are still open and from the view of the car parks are still used a lot. I don't think there is any major school break, but there is a Presidents Day in February and that is a public holiday, so you will have some long weekends where people are taking breaks etc.

Yes the weather is a warm, although be prepared for cold spells as well. The temperature in the evenings and early mornings are considerably colder, if not on the occasion down right chilly. well compared to the warm days. and the odd day can be cold enough to put on jeans and a coat, although with the sun blazing through, it is a lot more bearable that rain/wind and cold we get back here.
    CERI

I would definitely recommend going Feb half term. In fact we have just booked our flight tickets to go during this time. I love leaving the cold British winter and spending a week or two in the sunshine. It is quieter in the parks compared to the main school holidays and as mentioned above the only date you need to look out for is Presidents Day. We always go shopping on this day as there are some wonderful sales! Make sure you take clothes you can layer as the evenings can be cooler (I actually prefer this) I would also recommend pool heat. Hope that helps.

Dawn