Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday on a Budget for July 30th

Florida Newbie

Holiday on a Budget for July 30th

Hi All, im waiting for a good deal hopefully to florida end of this month for 2 weeks, for 2 adults 1 child (5) Years old.

Does anybody now what chances of us getting cheap flight's £400 each, we dont want to spend more than £1800 in total for the accomodation & Flights fo the 3 of us but want to be in a [u]good clean </u> Hotel/apartments.

Ive been before but it was 11 years ago and hoping we can afford to go again, Jenny

Florida Expert
    Jeanette,

Villa owners are not allowed to answer accommodation requests through this forum you need to put in a request into the sites at the top of the page.

Flights 3 x £400 = £1,200 leaving you £600.00 for your two weeks accommodation or £42.85 a night for the three of you.

You may need to revise your accommodation budget - would you let an unknown family live in your private house/villa for £42.85 a night?
    Clare R

This is the most popular time of the year, so flights are unlikely to come down in price before August 24'ish.

As Clare has said, your accommodation budget is very small, and I doubt if you could book a Knights Inn even for this price. We had to pay double that for a last minute and very basic Travelodge for my son's graduation last week! [msnwink]

Unfortunately you have chosen the busiest and most expensive time of year for your proposed trip. Can you go any other time? Flights often drop in price for September which is a lovely time of year to go.
    ellie

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Jeanette

If you are working to a tight budget you might want to think about travelling at a different time of the year outside of the school holidays.

Or if you are tied to the school holidays why not go in 2010. That would give you first shot at the flights as soon as they are released and also longer to save up. To balance the downer of not going this year, maybe consider a three week trip next year instead of a two week trip this year. That way you get better value from the cost of the flights as the flight costs don't change from 2 weeks to 3 weeks.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    You could easily get a 3 star hotel room for less than £600 for 2 weeks but £400 each for flights at this time of year will be tricky.

As you've visited Orlando before, you'll know that to get the best out of it you have to spend a fair amount of money. I'd look at going next year and doing everything you want to do without having to count the pennies too much!

Florida Newbie
    Hi All thanks for the advise, yeah we may have to consider may 2010 maybe, you see my hiubbie can only get the first 2 weeks in August for this year, he was a bit slow at putting holiday requests in! We really didnt decide on florida until Jan this year so we have only had a few months to save up, when i was pricing holidays in june they were really good deals coming up at £1500 anmd thats were i got the idea of thinking maybe we could get a good deal like that, like i said i havnt been to florida for 11 years and forgot how expensive it can be.

Anyway I will let you all know what deal i get if i get one!!!!

Jenny

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    You will get good deals (flights) in June as this is a quiet period for UK travellers. Even thoses that take children out of school can not travel in June as there are lots of exams at this time.

Villas may also be slightly cheaper in june, but not as loww as £600 for a fortnight
    Christine

Florida Newbie
    Hi All, well what a nightmare i have had!! We found a very good deal last weekend, BOOKED flights 2 adults 1 child for the 1st August for 14 nights £1,300! Paid by credit card, BOOKED Hotel Royal plaza for £510, so total was £1,810 which was thought was a real bargain, until i got an e-mail sunday morning from [name edited] saying that the flights we booked were unavalilable!!

I complained that they shouldnt of been advertising them if they were unavailable but there reply was you have to wait for a confirmation by e-mail for the flights, before you start making other arranagements ie, Hotel, tranfers.

So then i was trying like made to find a flight for the same day as we had already booked the hotel! Couldnt find a flight so i e-mailed [name edited] to see if they can change the hotel dates to the 30th July as we could get flights for that date and the reply was we will let you know in 48hrs, that was monday and we still dont have a reply we was told that the 30th july was still avaialable and to reply by e-mail as soon as,which we i did on monday, we phoned them yesterday for any news and was rudely told to wait until 5pm yesterday, i e-mailed them today saying if they dont contact me for 12pm today i will be phoning their head office to make a complaint, as the longer we are waiting i cant see us getting a flight out there.

This has been a lesson learned, from now on i will read every small print and not jump to quickly at booking holidays[msnsad]

I will post again as soon as i know anything[msnembarrased]

Who did you book the flights with? It's very rare these days that they cannot confirm flights immediately. I assume as the flights were not available that they didn't charge your CC?
    Keith

Florida Junior
    If you have been offered suitable flights for the 30th I would snap them up without waiting for hotel. I think it unlikely the hotel won't move the dates but if they should you could book in to a cheap motel for a couple of nights. Should get 2 nights on a travel lodge for less than 50 a night.

Have you paid the hotel already or could you cancel