Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holiday on a Budget for July 30th

Florida Newbie
    Hi there,I originally booked the flights through [website link edited], and no they havnt charged our CC.

yes we have paid the hotel, we booked through [website link edited], i phoned them again yesterday to find out if they can change the dates and they keep saying "we are waiting for the supplier(hotel to confirm)", we have now been waiting 4 days! We took a chance and booked flights on monday for thursday 3oth July and it cost £2069 for the 3 of us in premium class as all the other seats had gone, and i got a bit panicky, so fingers crossed that we get the dates we want.

I have complained to [website link edited] and have threatened to take it further by contacting ABTA and there head office, this has been a really stressful time for me this week, i just cant relax, if we were to cancel the hotel today we would loose £255 if we cancel tomorrow we loose All of the money we paid (£510).

[website link edited] are not a helpful company.

If we dont hear anything today we are going to contact the hotel to see if a booking has been made and if [website link edited] has been in touch with them, if they havnt hten we are going to contact our CC company to see what they say, we need to know as its now less than 2 weeks before we go.

I will post later today to let you all know what happens[msncry]

<span style="color:blue">Please don't put these company names in each post as they're not allowed on the forum </span id="blue">

Gold 5 Star Member
    Jeanette
    I hope you get it sorted. As you have had to pay so much more for your flights than you originally anticipated, why not cancel the hotel and book a villa instead. That way if youu have less money available to spend on park tickets, you can spend days at home and save money but still have a fantastic time. I'm not sure how old your child is but the family bonding time you can spend having fun at the pool etc will make your holiday so much greater. Not to mention when the little 'un is asleep in bed you and your other half can still enjoy the pool or deck area and even watch tv without disturbing him or her. It means they will probably sleep better as well as days walking round the parks can be very tiring for them,

Unfortunately it's always a guessing game whether to book or wait and hope things get cheaper but it doesnt always work as availability becomes limited and prices then rise.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Hi Steph, about 11 years ago i went with my mum and my sisters family to Florida and we had a villa for 2 weeks and the villa was out of this world, think it was in kissimee. I just wish we had planned this last year, as we only decided in feb 2009 that it would be cheaper to go to florida than cyprus or spain, with the dollar been good, and it is a lot cheaper eating out in florida, well i think it is, maybe a lot has changed since 11 years!

We will be eating jam butties now for next 2 weeks![msnsmile] and not buying any shopping in untill we get back LOL

If we go next year we will definately rent a villa, and we would book flights a lot sooner!

Jeanette

Gold 5 Star Member
    Things must be ok though Jeanette if you can afford jam, used to be bread and dripping for us

I'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you go. Dont forget to add to the trip reports and let us know what you are doing.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    Hi All, bad news and good news, the bad news is the hotel wont let us change our dates and want an extra £150!! And the good news is the company i booked it through has just given a full refund!!

So now im looking for a hotel again tonight!

Probably still be on jam butties though for next coupl of weeks but it will be worth it[msnsmile][msnwink]

Florida Expert
    Jeanette hope it all turms out to be worth it I am sure youwill have a fabulous time

Florida Newbie
    Hi all, the choice is (royal palza wdw resort) lake buesta vista or Regal sun resort, 1st choice is £648.50 and the 2nd choice is £531.23, but what worrise me will these hotel's charge surcharges and why??

hard choice[msnscared]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jeanette Burns
    Hi all, the choice is (royal palza wdw resort) lake buesta vista or Regal sun resort, 1st choice is £648.50 and the 2nd choice is £531.23, but what worrise me will these hotel's charge surcharges and why??

hard choice[msnscared]
    [/quote]

What do you get for this price ?
    Linda

Gold 5 Star Member
    Does it include local taxes?
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jeanette Burns

hard choice[msnscared][/quote]I'm seeing the Regal Sun at £616 all in including breakfast and the Royal Plaza for £588. What's the total price you're being quoted?