Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Standard SUV-What have you been given?

Florida Junior

Standard SUV-What have you been given?

Hi Guy's
    Currently sorting car hire for our holiday.
    Can you please let me know what car i am likely to get if i book a standard SUV.
    What have people been given from Dollar, Alamo and Budget.
    Not alot in price difference, so type of car will sway me.
    Kind Regards David.

Florida Junior
    if you go to the link above for 'car hire' they give a very good description of what to expect.

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by shona
    if you go to the link above for 'car hire' they give a very good description of what to expect.
    [/quote]

I think the OP is after actual models people have had as the description of what to expect is notoriously different (often better) than what people actually end up with.

eg this year we booked (through VA fly drive) a 2 door economy and was given to expect a small kia or similar. The UK equivalent was given as Vauxhall Corsa.

We were actually given a 4 door Dodge Caliber, more Astra sized I would say and 2 doors more then we expected (or in fact needed)

Florida Newbie
    Booked a standard SUV with Budget via this site when we went to Florida in April and we got a Saturn Vue [made by General Motors]. Going off the cars that were coming back when we took the car back to Orlando International I don't think Budget stick to just one brand, there was a lot of different makes coming in, the only other standard SUV type I saw was a Nissan Murano.

Florida Expert
    We had an Hyundai Santa Fe from Budget in Orlando - I loved it.
    Clare R

Florida Expert
    At Sanford, Dollar have tended to stock Jeeps (Cherokee) for standard size SUV (and Patriots
    or Ford Edges for Mid size) and Alamo have had Toyota Highlanders for Standard SUV and Nissan Rogues or Toyota RAV4s for midsize. Just purely depends on stock when you arrive.
    Kevin

Florida Newbie
    We got a GMC Acadia upgraded from a full size car. I was offered a nissan fourrunner but this looked better!!