Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is walmart cheapest place to shop for food?

Florida Newbie

is walmart cheapest place to shop for food?

we have booked a self catering suite and wondered best place to buy food is it walmart?

We preffered target/Publix for quality but any supermaket is plentiful. Walmart are generally the cheapest and huge.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lizziejayne
    we have booked a self catering suite and wondered best place to buy food is it walmart?
    [/quote]

Florida Savvy
    Another vote for Publix - in our recent all too short stay we felt Publix just had the edge in terms of quality - smaller yes but the quality did seem better.

We are fans of Sainsbury's at home and would say Publix were more like them whilst Wall Mart was more like ASDA - which of course they would be given they are part of the WallMart family!!

We treid Publix & Wal-mart, and preference is for Wal-mart in terms of quality, pricing and a much wider choice. Hope to try Target this year.

Florida Junior
    If it's purely food, Publix is better quality but you can't beat Walmart for the sheer experience of it. It's huge, we can spend hours in there, plus there's no entry charge.

Yes we like Publix for the quality but theres nothing wrong with Walmart. Plus the Publix is just down the road from our Villa so a little more convienent.You don't have to walk as far too.

Super Moderator
    We are lucky where we are and have a good choice of supermarkets from Walmart to Dollar Market and Winn Dixie (compare as Morrisons and Tesco) which are definitely cheaper than Publix (more like Waitrose) there are also some Aldi supermarkets in the area as well.

I would say WalMart is the cheapest, but I love to pop into Publix for some of those special bits. However, I find that Winn Dixie has a wonderful range of fish and meat to put on the BBQ at great prices.
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't like food shopping in Walmart..but it is the cheapest...I changed to Wallyworld from Publix last trip

Sweet Bay opened on Glenbrook Feb2009 Very good quality
    Their Meat is excellent
    Carol