Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: id love to live in florida

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have so called health care for all in MA..people now have to have health care they can't always afford or pay a fine at tax time so many go without food or heating..which as anyone who has lived up here will know it gets very cold here so no heating is a major killer..cover costs have doubled for a lot of people ..we don't have enough doctors hospitals are laying off staff because MA is now bankrupt because health care costs are so high..legal immigrants can't get health care like they could under Mass Health when they lost their jobs unless they have lived here over 5 years..2 years ago MA had the best cover for the poor in the US now that is all but going..
    I keep reading in UK papers about people not wanting others to have free care..its not free the cheapest here is about $50 a week for one person with high co pays and poor coverage that is for someone on min wage..which is $7 an hour some people now pay $14/25k a year for cover..a lot of companies will stop paying for workers under the new bill as it stands putting up a lot of people payments from $150 a month to $800 a month making it hard to stay in a job..my son now had to wait 8 months to get a doctor..so he now had to use ER..and the wait time to see a doctor has gone from 1 to 2 hours to 3 weeks..young kids with no health care in their jobs are pouring out of the State in their hundreds..along with young families who can nolonger afford to live here..if this can happen in 2 years in a very small once wealthy State I don't know what will happen all over the US ..

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Osceola
    The following story was prominently reported in the New York Times this past weekend:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/op...13kristof.html

A 32 year old middle class woman who basically died for no reason other than lack of health insurance. Amazing. I'm not sure how your family "picks itself back up" after that. 18,000 Americans die EVERY YEAR because they can't afford health insurance. And they're worried about a band of terrorists bottled up in some hills in far off Pakistan?????

What could possibly be thrown at you in the UK that could compete with that?
    [/quote]

You could ask my mum who was just told in the UK she is too old for a treatment unless she pays for it..I think that counts..
    But like I said and you can't seem to read we were talking about daily living not health care..and it 45k that die every year not 18...and most of the stories you read in the paper turn out to be dodgy at best and down right untrue for the most...most Americans are happy with their level of care..when you take out the illegals and the people not wanting health care the numbers are more like 25/30 million...it would be easier to deal with just them and a lot cheaper..

Florida Junior
    No need to be unpleasant. However you make my point: with 45,000 Americans dying every year, it is difficult to accept your theory that most Americans are happy with their level of care. In fact, most are not. The polls say very differently. Over 70 percent of them feel there is a major crisis over insurance cover and level of care. That's why they elected Pres. Obama.

Florida Savvy
    My thought to the original poster is, why if you have no money are you a stay at home mom? With kids that age, you can be out and work. I realise right now the economy is not good, but it wasn't always that way. Perhaps if you had, you'd now have moeny in the bank.

As for going to the USA forget it. You could look to emigrate ot other english speaking countries like Australia, NZ, or canada.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lizziejayne
    what honestly are our chances? we have no relative or money
    my husband fixes laptops for a living and is very good
    are there any computer firms that would take him on and pay reloaction fees etc?
    i dnt work and we have 3 girls 18 16 14
    how do you go about applying for a visa?
    [/quote]
    well if you wish to move to Orlando it is great. For 2 reasons firstly real estate prices are quiet affordable at present in the area you can buy it now and rent it out later .As sooner the prices willl go up and you want get favorable chance.and Secondly , Because it is near to Kennedy Space Center, Orlando is also a high-technology hub, and there are hundreds of local companies active in software, and affiliated industries.So your husband would get job easily.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Orlando is also a high-technology hub, and there are hundreds of local companies active in software, and affiliated industries.So your husband would get job easily.[/quote]I suggest you stick to the real estate business - your knowledge on employment for Non-USA citizens is lacking!

Steve, Robert is correct - you are so off the mark!!! See my posting on the other thread about moving to Florida.

Sandra