Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: express pass?

Gold 5 Star Member
    We always work out which fast passes we want and send one person over to get them. There is so much info available before you go that its easy to make a plan as to any must dos. After that any other rides are a bonus.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    As a park I think Disney do it much better and the whole overall experiance is better. I think they also treat their guests in a much nicer, frindlier way. The Express pass is just another way which shows how Universal is the poor relation in customer service.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    As a park I think Disney do it much better and the whole overall experiance is better. I think they also treat their guests in a much nicer, frindlier way. The Express pass is just another way which shows how Universal is the poor relation in customer service.
    [/quote]
    i have never found universal lacking in customer service-it's just that they are geared to a different type of customer-disney warm and homely;universal "hip" and trendy-but at the end of the day they are all in it to maximize the dollar spend from the tourist and in their own way disney are absolute experts at it --and good luck to them-i go to orlando expecting that it will cost me x pounds and thats what i spend and never begrudge a penny of it!

Gold 5 Star Member
    i go to orlando expecting that it will cost me x pounds and thats what i spend and never begrudge a penny of it!

That's where we get frustrated Albert because with Disney you know what it will cost, with Universal, if you arent aware of it before youu go and then suddenly get expected to pay an extra amount per person per day (up to $50/$60) to be able to go on the rides in a reasonable time, on top of what you have already paid is unfair to people who save for what they think they need and then feel thye are being disadvantaged if they can't do it.
    Babblin Boo

The express plus passes are great if the park is busy. Well worth taking, they make the day much more enjoyable, less stressful. Generally, if you're going early in the morning, Universal is not too busy and you can get away without them. But on a busy day or mid afternoon almost any day, I wouldn't be without them.

But they are expensive and it can sometimes feel a bit like driving a range rover past environmental protesters - you can feel the disapproval from the crowds who have just been queuing for an hour. I smile cheerfully and go past quick.
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    We brought the express passes last trip and they were great. You go where you want when you want. I have to say I have no qualms at all about using them - you pay your money you take your choice! It is no different to me than flying business class.

I am tempted for next week, but at $40 each(X6)for the days we are going, don't think we will [msnsad]
    Shirley