Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf shoes?

Golf shoes?

I'm sure this is going to be a silly question but please could someone let me know if it is necessary to take golf shoes and trousers. My son and husband are hoping to play a round or two while we are over there (probably at Highlands).

Thanks Elaine

Florida Expert
    I think on most courses you can get away with tailored shorts & trainers. If not a pair of shoes from Walmart will be cheap [msnwink]
    Denise

Florida Savvy
    Tailored shorts are a must, preferably with a belt and a polo shirt (tucked into shorts).
    You might be able to get away with smart white trainers although I've never personally tried it.
    As dcnurse says above, you'll find cheap golf shoes all over the show.

Thanks guys, most helpful. They've never played over there before and wasn't quiet sure how relaxed it would be. I'll pass on the info - although Dave (my husband) takes size 16 shoes so we'll definately have to take them!!

Thanks again.
    Elaine

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Appledore
    Thanks guys, most helpful. They've never played over there before and wasn't quiet sure how relaxed it would be. I'll pass on the info - although Dave (my husband) takes size 16 shoes so we'll definately have to take them!!

Thanks again.
    Elaine
    [/quote]He will probably find much more choice in Florida than at home. Worth stocking up on a couple of pairs [msnsmile]
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    My husband once tried to play Highlands with a short sleeved button up shirt and wasn't allowed to play in it, so I would advise them to take golf shoes. You can wear shorts though.

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    I am really suprised at that Diane. The dress code is usually just a collar regardless of how many buttons up the front it has. Some of the more trendy pros wear all the way buttoned shirts.
    Having said that our golf club wouldn't let me play in a turtle necked shirt even though Tiger Woods was wearing one on the TV in the pro shop.
    I tend to buy a pair of golf shoes every time we visit. Had some great deals from the Nike outlet store.

Thanks again.
    Elaine
    [/quote]

My son takes size 15 shoes and although not a golfer, the only place I can get shoes without buying them online is in the US!!
    Big feet do not seem to be a problem and I always bring my son at least 2 pairs of trainers home.

Liz

Ditto Liz - we always stock up, but as you know these boats take up so much space in my suitcase (a lot less room for my clothes).

I've looked at the Virgin website and they can take golf clubs free on the plane so I think we'll take everything!

Elaine

I've looked at the Virgin website and they can take golf clubs free on the plane so I think we'll take everything![/quote]I always take my clubs in a golf travel bag, lots of room for other things, just watch the weight.
    Regards, Mark