Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cocoa beach

Florida Junior
    In October, there can be a big difference in the water temperature between Cocoa and Clearwater. The west coast with the Gulf tends to be much warmer. Cocoa in October could be a lot cooler. I would err on side of going to Clearwater. Generally nicer than Cocoa anyway.

We have just visited Cocoa and Clearwater beaches in the past week.

Children loved body boarding at Cocoa beach. We had good weather all day. We parked near the pier and hired chairs and umbrellas, no problem. Had a light lunch on the pier and soaked up the sun. I think there must be an air base near by[msnembarrased] saw three choppers fly over with doors open and soldiers sat in looking down on us.

We drove over to Clearwater beach to be met half way by a Florida tropical storm, still raining when we arrived although not heavy and it was still warm. We parked by north beach. White sand and clearer water on the gulf and soo many shells[clap] No beach hire nearby though. Water so calm. Saw dolphins playing so close and flying fish - and the sun came out, ending up leaving the beach well after 7.

From our home both journeys took about and hour and and half.

Enjoyed both beaches, however think we will be going back to the Gulf much quicker next time
    Karen Scott

Hi We have been to Cocoa Beach it is very nice but much prefer Clearwater Beach myself as has been said lots of restaurants and bars plus plenty to do.
    Can't wait to visit again in a couple of weeks - bliss![msnsmile2]

We spent a week at Cocoa last year and enjoyed it very much as said before the pier is a nice place to walk to and get a meal or snack and drink ,The resturants are away from the beach there is a Red Lobster , a italian one and Shake and Steak also a few locals own some .
    There are some near the Cruise ships but they can be expensive but very up market ,We would go back again .
    MAUREEN
    www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Florida Expert
    We love Cocoa Beach simply because its a 40 minute drive from Orlando and we love to visit Jack Bakers Lobster Shanty ,where you can sit out side and dine in the evenings overlooking the ocean. The sunsets there are amazing ,and the food is too.
    Olive

Gulf for me. Warm enough to swim at Christmas time!
    Regards, Mark

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandodaze
    The sunsets there are amazing ,and the food is too.[/quote]Cocoa is on the east coast. No sunsets on the east coast. The sun sets in the west! You need to go to Tampa to see glorious sunsets.
    Now, I was at Cocoa to watch a scrubbed shuttle launch a few weeks back and saw a magnificent sunrise!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Newbie
    If you want a beach that isn't quiet, has lots of bars etc nearby, I would go for Fort Myers Beach on the Gulf coast.