Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cocoa beach

Florida Junior

cocoa beach

Hi peeps.

Is cocoa beach worth spending a day there? Or what other beach is best to go to for a day? Its just me and my partner, and we were wanting to go to a beach were it isnt to quiet and had nice restaurants and bars.

Anyone recommend any place nice?

Lynne.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Depends on what time of year you are going. As Cocoa beach in on the Atlantic Coast. There is also some lovely beaches on the Gulf coast. If you do a search for gulf coast you will find many topics about the beaches on the gulf, and we have many gulf coast owners that can help you out. Cocoa beach is very nice as well. I spend about 5 days in the summer here, as my children go to Kennedy space center summer camp. there are a few restaurants etc, in the area, its takes just over an hour to get there.
    CERI

Florida Junior
    Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

We are going to orlando in October for about 4 weeks.

Florida Junior
    Ive had a search and found some useful info, i think the gulf coast sounds better and the water sounds nicer.

We prefer the Gulf Coast and Clearwater Beach is lovely with plenty of restaurants plus various types of short boat trips. It is also easy to get too.

Sandra

Florida Expert
    We have done both cocoa and clearwater, much prefer Clearwater,cocoa can be qute rough being on the atlantic side.Plenty to do ic clearwater and a bit lower down in St Pete's
    Eric

Gold 5 Star Member
    We went to Cocoa beach at Easter and whilst the beach was lovely there was a 40 mph wind blowing so it was like been in a sand storm. Needless to say we only stayed 10 mins as the weather was too bad. On a good day all the beaches in Florida are amazing. Each one is different to the next one.
    Neil & Cathy

http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1401.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    Well we have been to Cocoa beach a number of times and have always had a great time. The buggy surfing is great as there are some good waves of the Atlantic, the water is warm (my son stayed in for nearly 4 hours one year) and if you go to Cocoa pier there are some little shops and the bar is great for cold beer and beach type food.

On launch days from KSC you can even catch a good view of the launch so check out the launch calendar on their web site on the day you go or maybe time it with a launch if there is one while you are in Florida.

TOM
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-1231.aspx

Florida Expert
    We visited Cocoa beach on a beautifully clear sunny August day to see a shuttle land. The sea was warm and the family had a good few hours and took their own sports things to do. We've also been to Daytona Beach, further north. This is very busy with lots going on and we parked on the beach. Both on the Atlantic coast and very different. We've visited the coast in April and in August and the temperature was cool in April and beautifully warm in August. We've also visited the Gulf coast which can be more sheltered if their is a breeze. Our family doesn't mind either coastline.

Florida Expert
    we have done both cocoa & clearwater I still prefer clearwater myself. More to do. Nice restaurants nicer loos etc
    Berni Deno and Maya
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1997.aspx