Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A few notes for British 1st time visitors

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
    Frances
    I havent got to that one yet but I loved the one in Kensington, am planning to go there again soon.
    [/quote]

You know Steph, I thought I recognised the name, I have been to the one in Los Gatos, California!! I haven't been to the any of the London stores, they look good on their website though [msnsmile2]
    Frances

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    I no longer post that much because of the mails I've had from a few people upset at being told their holiday will be rubbish because they had already booked a hotel..I also have a few other problem with advice..
    But I mod myself and it is a hard job...for the most part this is a very useful site full of good people..John and Co put in a lot of time to keep this site running well

I have to agree that people are put off posting which is sad..FL is a great place to holiday...but to make it a holiday to remember you do need to see the down sides and get real advice about how to deal with them..mozzies come to mind on that one..

maybe we could remember that its real people we are talking too who have ALREADY booked in some cases a holiday of a life time..it may not be your idea of a great holiday but if its already booked be nice and those people may come back and book a villa next time..

[/quote]

i agree entirely with everything you have posted here Chrizzy

John i have in no way made any personal attacks in any of my posts i always try my utmost to be polite and respectful at all times but if i do see something that appears rude i should be entitled to say so, that should not be considered a personal attack, if someone took all the time and trouble to list the ingrediants of the brown sauce then surely a quick explanation why they did so like you have done on their behalf (about customs and getting fined) then that would have stopped the post sounding rude or making it look like it was to ridicule and it would have been more appropriate and helpful to the topic in the first place

this surely is not a personal attack but a observation

and like i said and like chrizzy is saying, it scares people away from the forum and they do not come back

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    My comments were not aimed specifically at you. They were made as general comments.

People will always be "scared away" from any online forums as it's just not possible to run a forum everyone is happy with all of the time. We try our very best at all times to make this a nice place to be and I think we get it right most of the time.

I think the general post rate speaks for itself and is proof that most people are absolutely fine with the forums. Of course, there will always be those who say people are scared off posting and they are of course entitled to their opinions [msnsmile].

Just a thought, but as the original post was by an owner, perhaps Blottie assumed they would know why she was listing the ingredients. Obviously in an ideal world, all posts would be fully qualified with lots of details but how many people can hold their hands up and say they have not written something that in hindsight, they could have been clearer about.

I still do not see it as a reason to get upset about though.

Can we get this topic back on track now please [msnsmile].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy

John i have in no way made any personal attacks in any of my posts i always try my utmost to be polite and respectful at all times but if i do see something that appears rude i should be entitled to say so, that should not be considered a personal attack, if someone took all the time and trouble to list the ingrediants of the brown sauce then surely a quick explanation why they did so like you have done on their behalf (about customs and getting fined) then that would have stopped the post sounding rude or making it look like it was to ridicule and it would have been more appropriate and helpful to the topic in the first place

and like i said and like chrizzy is saying, it scares people away from the forum and they do not come back

[/quote]

Florida Savvy
    We generally like to 'buy local' whenever we travel abroad but I do usually take a bottle of sugar-free squash (eg. Robinsons) for the children as a better alternative to too much fizzy and a change from plain bottled water. It is available in the English sections of the supermarkets but is expensive compared to here. I have yet to find an American equivalent - unless anyone knows better. I know they can drink milk and pure juice too but obviously when it is hot they drink far more in quantity so another calorie/fat/sugar-free option is good (so not to add to the inevitable increase in calorie intake whilst somewhere like Florida!)

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Peppermint
    We generally like to 'buy local' whenever we travel abroad but I do usually take a bottle of sugar-free squash (eg. Robinsons) for the children as a better alternative to too much fizzy and a change from plain bottled water. It is available in the English sections of the supermarkets but is expensive compared to here. I have yet to find an American equivalent - unless anyone knows better. I know they can drink milk and pure juice too but obviously when it is hot they drink far more in quantity so another calorie/fat/sugar-free option is good (so not to add to the inevitable increase in calorie intake whilst somewhere like Florida!)
    [/quote]

Kids seem to drink a lot more milk...my Grandson will no go near soda..
    I went over to both iced coffee and tea..McDonald's do a great iced coffee now..I rate it over any other I've tried yet

Florida Expert
    Do they do iced coffe black as I don't have dairy (or with soya)? Would it be any good?[msneek]

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Peppermint
    [/quote]How about making real fruit smoothies? Just about all villas have a blender and it's a good way of getting children to eat fruit. You could even add carbonated water. You can also add fresh juices to fizzy water for a refreshing drink. Our favourite is freshly squeezed lime juice in fizzy water, probably not one kids would really be into but very refreshing for adults. You can always add some sweetener if it is too sharp for your taste.

Note the thread heading "A few notes for ENGLISH 1st time visitors"

* Washing powder- I have yet to fully work out the mysteries of soap powders and bleach and stain removers. Basic American washing powder is useless so I usually take a small quantity of Persil bio tablets with me.

"All" is wonderful, I even bring it home with me!!

[msnwink]

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Isn't is amazing how different we all are. Artificial sweeteners (in fact artificial everything as much as possible) are banned in our house, I have no problem with my children ingesting sugar as they are active and can take all the calories I throw at them, however I will not let them ingest chemicals
    Ruth