Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: A few notes for British 1st time visitors

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
    Isn't is amazing how different we all are. Artificial sweeteners (in fact artificial everything as much as possible) are banned in our house, I have no problem with my children ingesting sugar as they are active and can take all the calories I throw at them, however I will not let them ingest chemicals[/quote]As a diabetic, it's not quite that easy for me!!!
    Chris

Gold 5 Star Member
    Absolutely, you have little choice if you want to eat sweet things. That would be a nightmare for me

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]As a diabetic, it's not quite that easy for me!!!
    [/quote]
    Ruth

Took me a long time to get used to American washing powder I buy mine from Costo it's the nearest I can get to the one I use in the UK.
    I must confess to taking Humbugs /Everton mints with me to Florida, I know it sounds mad but I cannot find anything similar. [msnwink]
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    Do they do iced coffe black as I don't have dairy (or with soya)? Would it be any good?[msneek]
    [/quote]

Ice tea is milk free ..the green tea is lovely ...

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sometimes its not the powder but getting the temp right...we found the washing machine was put in wrong so the water was too cold..test it...

must admit i love the smell of the washing powders and conditioners we use over there, when we come home and pack awaay things such as our beach towels etc always brings back the lovely florida memories before we get there again, now PG tips teabags, afraid im guilty of taking my own..... would be happy to buy any that are very close to them... im really fussy here with tea to..... interesting post....... we loves u Blottie x
    Liesa

Gold 5 Star Member
    I found PG tips in my cupboard in FL ..I have no idea where I got them from

Florida Expert
    Thanks Chrizzy. Will give it a try but I drink redbush so have to wait and see

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
    The only thing I still have shipped in is gravy...I got rid of the last thing that says I'm English this year in my home..its now a true New England place..I have I think one flag that shows I'm a Brit...I will always keep one..I may live like a native..but I will always be British
    [/quote]

I'm the same. The only thing British in my home, well a couple.... I have a great photo of my home town (Whitton) from the 1960's in my kitchen. And I tend to hang around in old Chelsea shirts. I have a collection of old corgi cars. Mostly British Fords. There's a folded Union Jack in my bedroom closet somewhere. I'm looking around as I type.... Thats about it! Oh, my old Raleigh racing bike I had in the 70s is hanging on my garage wall! I should clean it up one day and take it for a spin. Oh, another one... the 1968 Cortina is still in the garage. I should clean that up too! I guess I do still cling on to some memories. And good for me I say!
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    The only 2 food things in our house here that are British is guess what?

Cripes, I am almost frightened to say it...brown sauce and a couple packets of Walker crisps (Wocester sauce - yum), oh and in the freezer some bakery goods from the British bakery on the 192 but don't know if that counts.

CDV