Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A few notes for British 1st time visitors

I thought it was a great post thank you for taking the time to post.

The only thing I take with me are tea bags I couldn't go without my early morning cup of tea by the pool!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by canarypam
    I thought it was a great post thank you for taking the time to post.

The only thing I take with me are tea bags I couldn't go without my early morning cup of tea by the pool! [/quote]We have recently change our tea bags to Redbush they will be in my luggage when we travel next time to Florida. [msnwink]
    Barbara

Gold 5 Star Member
    i have got to say one of the reasons i now post very little on this forum is clearly demonstrated on this topic, the first post is trying to be helpful and informative and as a first time visitor i would have found it helpful

the 2nd post whilst also possibly trying to be helpful??? does come across as a little rude Blott and to finish with a wink i think is unacceptable also, it's like i'll type what i want here and if it comes across a little rude well then i'll add a friendly wink and it will excuse the rudeness

i have stayed away for a while now but looked across at this forum this morning and this topic really saddened me in how it was first responded too

florida does have good and bad things about it just like everywhere in the world and everyone should be entitled to their opinions without ridicule and in my opinion ridicule is giving the rundown on the ingrediants of the brown sauce it is uncalled for and offers exactly what to the reply? how is a list of ingrediants helpful in your post if not to ridicule?

the regulars and villa advertisers will not say it but i will - quite frankly i am appalled at such a rude response from a forum administrator

Mizzy, nice to see your post and hope you are well. Are you still travelling to Florida?

Sniff. I also travel around various places all around the world and always try to eat where the locals eat. It is a little different in US as most of the food is similar to UK anyway and one can usually find things they enjoy and as you say, it's the experience. However, not all of us are limited to 2/3 week stays, so for my much longer stays, I do feel the need for my Nescage Gold Blend!!! However, due to the original post, I have learnt that there is an alternative very similar to Nescafe so will be giving that a try when I return for 5 months in September.

I am very grateful for the original post as without it, I may not have found out that I may be relieved of taking coffee with me.[msncool]

Sandra

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    If we think that American families are eating meatloaf, grits, cornbread and the like all the time, we're kidding ourselves.

but in Florida, while I never ever go hungry, I don't find the food to be so different in the way it is in Europe or other parts of the world.
    [/quote]
    We don't do 'local' eating in Florida (wouldn't even know where to start) but the steaks are much better than any I have eaten here. The salads in FLorida that I have had are far better than any here too, even Maccy D's do salad better than Maccy D's here. My mouth is watering for a Bob Evan's wildfire salad so hope they are still doing it when we get back there. Also the fact that the kids don't have to worry about how much they are drinking (here it's 1 drink and then water or the drinks can work out soooo expensive).

Thanks Steph for the directions.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
    Mizzy, nice to see your post and hope you are well. Are you still travelling to Florida?

Sniff. I also travel around various places all around the world and always try to eat where the locals eat. It is a little different in US as most of the food is similar to UK anyway and one can usually find things they enjoy and as you say, it's the experience. However, not all of us are limited to 2/3 week stays, so for my much longer stays, I do feel the need for my Nescage Gold Blend!!! However, due to the original post, I have learnt that there is an alternative very similar to Nescafe so will be giving that a try when I return for 5 months in September.

I am very grateful for the original post as without it, I may not have found out that I may be relieved of taking coffee with me.
    [msncool]

Sandra
    [/quote]

yes Sandra i am well thank you and we do still travel to florida, we are currently planning our 5th trip in 4 years so we must be addicted, it truly is a wonderful place to holiday, we still use the links from the site for car hire, sat nav, tickets and of course villas but sadly i post little mainly for the reason given above

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mizzy
    i have got to say one of the reasons i now post very little on this forum is clearly demonstrated on this topic, the first post is trying to be helpful and informative and as a first time visitor i would have found it helpful

the 2nd post whilst also possibly trying to be helpful??? does come across as a little rude Blott and to finish with a wink i think is unacceptable also, it's like i'll type what i want here and if it comes across a little rude well then i'll add a friendly wink and it will excuse the rudeness

i have stayed away for a while now but looked across at this forum this morning and this topic really saddened me in how it was first responded too

florida does have good and bad things about it just like everywhere in the world and everyone should be entitled to their opinions without ridicule and in my opinion ridicule is giving the rundown on the ingrediants of the brown sauce it is uncalled for and offers exactly what to the reply? how is a list of ingrediants helpful in your post if not to ridicule?

the regulars and villa advertisers will not say it but i will - quite frankly i am appalled at such a rude response from a forum administrator
    [/quote]

I was wondering what the point was in listing the ingredients of brown sauce!

I also think it is a good post as going to Florida for the first time you like to hear what other people think of it, which is the reason why we all ask questions on here.

Claire

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe[br
    Nina, can you give me some directions for Wholesome Foods? We tried to find a place last time that was supposed to be just off the 192 but we never found it[msnsad]
    [/quote]No wonder you didn't find the WholeFoods Market Sammibabe it is near Universal off I-4 not the 192! Until you get the hang of it it can be quite tricky to find even if you are in the right area. Steph has given the address and links. You can actually see the back of it from I-4 although it doesn't have a name visible from I-4.

Going north on I-4 towards Orlando take exit 74a and turn left onto Sand Lake. This takes you under the I-4, you will see the store on your left. At the junction turn immediately left onto Turkey Lake, you have to go a few hundred yards to cross the traffic and turn left into the store, there are a few other stores and eating places there too.

Coming from Universal travel south on Turkey Lake, go straight over Sand Lake and again cross the traffic and turn in left.

Below are three photos I took of the outside and a tiny part of the fruit and veg dept. These were taken with the permission of the store. Had I known they would be so accommodating and I'd had more time I would have taken more. Plan to do so next trip.

<div align="center">

</div id="center">

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    That looks like a fantastic store! I must make a note to visit [msnsmile2]
    Frances

Gold 5 Star Member
    Frances
    I havent got to that one yet but I loved the one in Kensington, am planning to go there again soon.
    Babblin Boo