Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A few notes for British 1st time visitors

Glenda and Geoff, thank you for that tip. I always bring Nescafe Gold Blend Granules. I will try the Tasters Choice from Publix now!!

Sandra

Super Moderator
    I second taking tea bags as I have not found a decent American tea bag yet.

Always willing to try some on my next visit if someone can recommend some.

Thank you Roger, I also thought Roger's posting was positive and included some great tips and advice.
    Barbara

We had PG tips pyramid bags vacuum packed and shipped over.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jill
    I second taking tea bags as I have not found a decent American tea bag yet.

Always willing to try some on my next visit if someone can recommend some.
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    [quote]Originally posted by florida4sun
    We had PG tips pyramid bags vacuum packed and shipped over.

Martin you must love your PG. In return for the great service we will bring some out on our next visit if you can wait til 2011[msnsad]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Am I right in thinking it's not Roger but his wife who has given us a such a helpful guide? Thank you for taking the time. Please join in more often, it's good to hear from all the family.

Although we try to give our Guests as much info as we think they can use without going into overdrive, it is so long since we went as a first time visitor that we forget the essentials. I remember on our first trip 12/13 years ago we couldnt find a supermarket anywhere. We kept being directed to 7/11 which didnt have much range and were dearer and then half way through our trip found our first Publix or Walmart cant remember which.

For anyone who is going soon and like me only has the occasional cup of coffee but may have visitors who like it, I noticed the other day our local 99p store has 50g tins of Nescafe, so it's easy to carry and not have to worry about the jar smashing.

Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    What a helpful post - thank you for taking the time to do this.

We also eat the same bread and butter as you do and it took a while to find them after trying lots of different types. We also like how you can buy half loaves in the Italian bread - we are not big bread eaters and this ensures we have fresh bread all the time. [msnsmile]

Great post thanks Mrs Roger [msnsmile] Ahh the first time, I remember it well. Tickets in hand, standing like a bunch of muppets at the queue for the ticket booths, thinking it was a queue into the park [msneek]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Me too Roger waiting to exchange the vouchers we had. Much better when you get the actual tickets now.

Babblin Boo

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I'm a bit of a coffee nut and the nearest I've found to my usual is Tasters Choice- i noticed this time that there are a wide selection of English brands in the ethnic aisle at Walmart-very pricey though obviously because they're imported.