Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Down town disney restaurants

Florida Expert
    We've had some fantastic meals at Bongo's but the portions were huge so you needed to be really hungry or share!

If you're into Salsa (the dancing not the food) they have brilliant live music and dancing every night in peak season, weekends only during low season. Have had some great evenings there, everyone is so friendly especially if you know how to Salsa but if you don't they are happy to show you how!

Cirque are amazing, I don't know anyone who hasn't loved the show.

Have a great time

Florida Junior
    Thanks for everyones thoughts! I so cant wait to go! but 17 weeks to go[xx(]

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    we went to rainforest cafe because we like the theming etc with kids but i have got to say -book-a day or more in advance and it is by far and away the most expensive meal we have in the states.

Fulton's Crab House is a first class restaurant. The king crab claws in paticular are really excellent, although I'm not quite sure when they're in season?
    Tonish

The shutting down of the various night clubs at Pleasure Island has cleared the way for a number of new restaurants, and one of the first to be opened is the new ‘Paradiso 37’ restaurant. This new eatery has been developed close to the nightclub which was previously known as '8TRAX.'

Paradiso 37 is part of the multi-concept restaurant group called ‘E-Brands Restaurants,’ who own and operate 15 restaurants across the USA. Their motto is ‘OUR PASSION IS FOOD. OUR OBSESSION IS SERVICE’ and their aim is to ensure that every guests has an incredible dining experience, so maybe this might be one to consider? We have not tried it ourselves but the group claim that they always say ‘yes’ to guests and then find a way to make it happen. They believe that their sole purpose is to ‘do whatever it takes to deliver the best possible experience’ and so individual preferences are taken account of.

The restaurant group, 'E-Brands' is known as an innovator in the upscale sector of the dining and hospitality industry, and each restaurant is independently owned and operated. The new restaurant at Pleasure Island features authentic Central and South American cuisine, as well as speciality tequilas and premium wines. There is live music, so it sounds very interesting.

Walking through Pleasure Island a few days ago and catching the last little boat back from Downtown Disney across the lagoon to Cirque de Soleil everywhere was empty at 11.30. We could not believe how quiet it was, but as the clubs have been shut down then it is mainly families walking around and they obviously don't keep the children out beyond midnight! Guess it won't ever be as lively as it once was when it had lots of clubs, but that is how Disney want it to be, so that it caters for the family market.

Whatever you choose I am sure you will have a great time. [msnwink]
    ellie

Florida Savvy
    Fulton's is great for good dining azs is The Dining Room. For cheaper casual eats, my favs are Earl of Sandwich ad wolfgang puck express

menus for all at [name edited]

We've only tried the House of Blues but loved it each time. We will probably try Paridiso 37 next trip.
    Regards, Mark

Gold 5 Star Member
    Have only ever been to the Rainforest Cafe which we did like , we did not find it expensive.
    Barbara

Florida Chatterbox
    We have had mixed experiences at Fulton's - one excellent and one left me ill straight afterwards, bad luck on the night I guess something was 'off'.

Portobello Yacht club (Italian) - lovely meals 3 or 4 times but the last one was on Xmas Eve last year and not good. Add to that the tip they put on as there were 6 of us and it was very expensive. My sister in law had a pizza which was totally overcooked but we were off to see Cirque last performance of the night and there was no time to wait for another. One night we sat outside overlooking the water and it was a really nice calm atmosphere compared to the hustle and bustle inside the restaurant and they didn't rush us. I would go back again as any restaurants can have an off night. Sometimes I resent tips being included and that night was one of them. I heard this one is closing and a different restaurant replacing it.

Planet Hollywood is fine as a themed restaurant as is Rainforest but both have reputation for being expensive. As the portions tend to be large it is worth ordering carefully and perhaps sharing a dessert or going straight for main course and skipping starter.

My fave is Bahama Breeze - good fun, nice surroundings and food is a bit different as Caribbean themed - coconut shrimp, jerk pasta, lovely cocktails and desserts! There is one on International Drive, another off I-4 near the Premium Outlets.

Banana bread and butter pudding, yum yum [msntongue]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
    We've only tried the House of Blues but loved it each time. We will probably try Paridiso 37 next trip.
    [/quote]