Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anna Maria Island or nearby on gulf

Florida Chatterbox

Anna Maria Island or nearby on gulf

Hi All,

For our trip to florida next Feb we are looking at travelling down to the gulf for just one night, staying in a beachfront villa for 8 people (3 bedrooms as we have 2 babies). We can then spend the day on the beach then go to Busch Gardens the next day before driving back to Highlands Reserve. Saves 2 trips to the Tampa area.

Am i asking too much or do you think it's possible? I have seen one on Anna Maria Island but would never do anything without running it by OV.

Thanks in advance
    Garry Pullan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Garry

February on the Gulf Coast is high season so if you plan to do this you do need to book quickly.

Next I would check that the villa will allow a one night rental in Feb. some areas on the coast will have a minimum rental.

Also your check-in will be around 4pm and check-out at around 10 - 11am I am not certain it will be that restful

The drive to Tampa is about an hour from Orlando maybe 15 mins more.

Others I am sure will add their ideas also.

Have a great time.

Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think you'll do very well to find a beachfront property of the kind you want for 1 night in February (or even for the rest of the year to be honest). Even if you do manage it, I think the price would be prohibitive.

Florida Expert
    Anyone been to Anna Maria Island? We are thinking of a trip in August.
    Denise

Florida Chatterbox
    We went to Siesta Key last year which is fantastic. My manager at work has a house in Bradenton, just up the road from Anna Maria Island and has just returned from there.

It's him who put me on to it as a better place to go than Siesta Key. Manatees sometimes can be seen from there in Tampa Bay, it's quieter than Siesta Key and the sand is the same cool white quartz you find at Siesta.

Garry Pullan

We have been going to Anna Maria island for July and August every year since 2000. Can't go anywhere else now as we've been spoilt. Stunning, relaxing, fab, off again in three weeks, can't wait.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We stayed in a villa on Anna Maria Island in May, beautiful place with fabulous beaches. We hope to stay there again soon.
    Have a great time Deborah [8D]
    Lynne

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1507.aspx[/url]

Florida Newbie
    We spent a week in a villa on Anna Marie last September - very laid back, and a great break from Orlando - not that theres anything wrong with that neither!

Florida Expert
    A couple of photos of the far north end of Anna Maria Island for you! We did it easily as a day trip.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Lovely photos Nina, the last one reminds of Manasota Beach or as the locals call it Middle beach. Could be one and the same.

The gulf beaches are superb.

Lynne