Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: cheapest supplier for rentals with NO petrol incl

Florida Junior

cheapest supplier for rentals with NO petrol incl

Hello

I am looking to book an intermediate car from Budget or Alamo.
    I am only driver so the cheapest option seems to be the one that does NOT include a tank of petrol as rentals including a tank of petrol seem to be about £30 more.

1. Can you take the car back full with either supplier ?

2. Do Budget / Alamo charge for the tank of petrol on collection or when rental ends ?

3. Which of the 2 suppliers charges the least for the petrol ?

I know there have been some threads about this, but I am trying to find the latest position before I book tommorrow.

Any advice would be welcome.

thanks

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    At Christmas we used Dollar with the Siler option from here as we only have one driver and just returned the car full without any problems.
    Babblin Boo

Budget on Silver you bring back the car full, and I've read somewhere it means the fullest you can (ie find a gas station close to the airport).

Florida Junior
    I would prefer to bring it back FULL, can the Forums car hire confirm that Budget or Alamo will allow me to bring it back full ?

many thanks

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    Don't use the gas station the car hire company uses as their gas is dearer, but it usually has to be within something like 11 miles.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by paulm
    I would prefer to bring it back FULL, can the Forums car hire confirm that Budget or Alamo will allow me to bring it back full ?

many thanks

Paul
    [/quote]

Exactly what I'm saying, with [u]Budget</u> on [u]Silver</u> you bring it back [u]FULL</u>.
    Just top it up as close as possible to the airport to avoid being charged.
    Check the FAQ on UScarhire site up there if you need confirmation.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    With Alamo you have to bring it back empty, we prefer the full option, but Alamo are adamant that you bring it back empty, we always book the gold option with this site, it saves the hassle of paying anything when you arrive.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Lyn
    With Alamo you have to bring it back empty, we prefer the full option, but Alamo are adamant that you bring it back empty, we always book the gold option with this site, it saves the hassle of paying anything when you arrive.
    [/quote]

Is it that they insist on you bringing it back empty or that they'll charge you for a full tank irrespective of how much is in it?

Do you really have to pay out when you pick up the car? I can't be sure it was with Alamo or not but I've taken the Silver option several times with car rental and don't recall ever having to pay anything at that stage.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's not compulsory to bring it back empty it just means that you will have paid for the fuel that the next customer is also paying for. Included in your rate is a full tank of gas so if you bring it back full you will be paying for 2 tanks of gas and of course you can't use the 2nd one because you'll have given the car back.

Babblin Boo