Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charge for Tank Of Fuel

Florida Chatterbox
    Just picked up my car last sunday with Budget MCO paid $46 and told to bring car back as empty as possible, on the silver option.
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Errol, Ok now im really confused, im also picking my 7 seat mimivan up from budget at MCO, Like you ive also opted for silver insurance,i thought that meant i had to bring the vehicle back with a full tank of fuel? Did they say why you had to bring it back empty??

Why did you pay $46, ??

Becky

Florida Expert
    Alamo you must always return empty and you will be charged for a full tank of fuel but only marginally over the current pump price.
    [/quote]
    Roger, is this a standard charge regardless of how much is in the tank or do they fill it and charge the cost? If it is the former then I don't like that as DH wants to then get to the airport on fumes[msneek]

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Becky, the $46 is for the fuel, so you take it back empty otherwise the $46 is wasted.
    Errol

Administrator
    It's based on the actual cost per gallon * manufacturers quoted tank capacity in gallons, with a fairly senesible mark-up.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sammibabe
    Roger, is this a standard charge regardless of how much is in the tank or do they fill it and charge the cost? If it is the former then I don't like that as DH wants to then get to the airport on fumes[msneek][/quote]

Florida Expert
    Thanks

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pubmaster2k
    Just picked up my car last sunday with Budget MCO paid $46 and told to bring car back as empty as possible, on the silver option.[/quote]Well, I've booked Silver with Budget on this site, and it states quite clearly that you pick your car full, and you bring it back full, so I don't understand why you paid those $46... not that it's a huge amount but still not what you're supposed to do.

Florida Chatterbox
    This is what is on my receipt
    <span style="color:red">I accept the fuel purchase option and agree to pay $39.98 (plus appl tax) equivelant to 17.7 Gallons @ $2.259,(sorry total was $42.50). No refund for unused fuel at car return</span id="red">

Fuel at the moment is @ $2.60 per gallon in the stations and the weather is GREAT!!
    Errol

Okay, makes sense now, and it sounds like a good deal too, if you can manage to bring the car back as empty as humanly possible, which with my husband could mean running on fumes [msnwink].
    Keep the weather this way, we're there next week [clap] [clap] [clap].

Florida Savvy
    @ Roger

Maybe there should be a sticky thread so people can post their fuel charges with having "Silver Option".
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather