Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Advice Please

Florida Chatterbox

Advice Please

Thanks.

Gold 5 Star Member
    In the cars we've had in the last few years (mostly Jeeps from dollar) it was one of the menu options that you could get to on the cars computer. I can't remember exactly what buttons you had to press, and it will probably differ from car to car. The vehicle you get should have an owners manual / handbook in the glove box and that should have the info in it.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:The vehicle you get should have an owners manual / handbook in the glove box and that should have the info in it.[/quote]

For the 50+ cars I have hired in the USA, perhaps half a dozen have had a handbook and those were to be found in the boot in the sparewheel.

You can sometimes find out information on-line.

Florida Expert
    Every jeep or SUV that I have hired has always had the handbook in the glove compartment and I have had my fair share.
    Dave

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by davy woods
    Every jeep or SUV that I have hired has always had the handbook in the glove compartment and I have had my fair share.[/quote]Weird how experiences differ. I don't think I have ever had a handbook in any car I have hired (Jeeps and SUV's included) and I've also had my fair share!
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    We've had veritable shed loads of rental cars and have always had a handbook in the glove compartment - how else would you learn to fiddle with all those pressy buttons without finding the ejector seat button or blowing the car up by mistake? [msnwink]

We had a mid size SUV not so long ago with four buttons in a row on the outside of the driver's door. On reading the manual, it turned out that you could program them to let you into the car without using the key fob - wow, how neat is that?
    blott

I could really have done with one on the last trip. Spent ten minutes on the driveway at the villa trying to figure out how to release the handbrake. The release handle was paticularly well hidden.

Although I suppose it may have taken the same length of time to find the right section in a handbook!
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    Because the cars I rent almost never seem to have a handbook, I honestly thought that the rental companies had a policy to remove them. It seems a very long time since I even saw one and I rent several times a year.

You do see an awful lot of them for sale on ebay.[msnwink]

I thought it was policy as well. They also often don't give you the main key. I may be wrong, but I have often thought the cars supplied by the big hire companies are special 'low frills' versions, even the supposedly luxury variants, built specifically for the rental market. How else to explain the lack of built in sat nav in cars which I assumed would have it as standard?
    Tonish