Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gulf coast villa ?

My experience of Sanibel is unless you two or three hours to spare each day getting on or off is a nightmare. In fact the last time we went the beaches were busy and there was nowhere to park the car. 15 years ago when we first went it was fine but now I really wouldn't bother.

Stump Pass or Manosota Beach for me
    Jill and Brian

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
    If you want a beach, these were taken a few weeks ago on Sanibel. If there's a better one on the Gulf Coast, I haven't seen it yet.[/quote]
    Try Manasota. It's absolutely beautiful.

There's another wonderful beach about half way up Manasota Key too. I think it's called Blind Pass beach or Stump Pass beach. That's gorgeous as well.
    Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thornton
    My experience of Sanibel is unless you two or three hours to spare each day getting on or off is a nightmare. In fact the last time we went the beaches were busy and there was nowhere to park the car. 15 years ago when we first went it was fine but now I really wouldn't bother.

Stump Pass or Manosota Beach for me
    [/quote]

I think the evidence is there to see! That photograph was taken 3 weeks ago around 2.30 pm. Does it look crowded to you?

On the other point, it's never taken me more than 15 minutes to get on or off the island and I reckon I've been there around 40 times over the past 15 years or so.

If you want some more recent photos have a look at http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_50272.asp. They were taken in March - the beach looks deserted to me![msnsmile2]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
    If you want a beach, these were taken a few weeks ago on Sanibel. If there's a better one on the Gulf Coast, I haven't seen it yet.[/quote]

There's another wonderful beach about half way up Manasota Key too. I think it's called Blind Pass beach or Stump Pass beach. That's gorgeous as well.
    [/quote]

I agree Steve - I've been there. Still think Sanibel's the best though.

We used to spend a lot of time on the west coast and had property at Sanibel but always ended up using the smaller beaches such as stump pass. Always found the fossil and shark tooth finding much better there too, which used keep us entertained for hours. Stump pass is also great for seeing Dolphins, never failed there.
    They are all nice beaches but Sanibel never grabbed us like the other did.

Gold 5 Star Member
    For me it is Manasota Key every time, I have never found beaches that I love as much as those[8D]
    Ruth

Gold 5 Star Member
    And don't forget ... we're photographing the sunset there this summer Ruth!! [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
    Steve

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper

[/quote]

It is Blind Pass and it is a beautiful beach. We were there over Easter and found it very quiet. It has a large car park which is absolutely free to park.

My favourite is Stump Pass at the tip of Manasota Key. I love the nature walk and the fact that you can either look out to sea or over the inter costal waterway. You will often find fishermen casting into the Gulf while closely observed by herons. When the fisherman is distracted the herons help themselves to a fish or two from the catch. It is so funny to see.

Bernadette

Gold 5 Star Member
    Inevitably, we'll all have our own favourites and there aren't any really poor beaches on the Gulf Coast. I like the area around Manasota Key but the drawback for me is finding somewhere to stay actually on or within walking distance of the beach. I'm not a fan of having to pack the car, drive and park every time I fancy some time on the beach. I can do that at home!

As posted above, it's unlikely the OP will find somewhere that has everything he's looking for so it's a case of deciding which isn't all important.

Florida Expert
    Has anyone been to Anna Maria Island? Thinking of going in August any advise appreciated[msnsmile2]
    Denise