Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gulf coast villa ?

Florida Savvy

Gulf coast villa ?

Hello, I know there are tons of threads about gulf coast villa's allready and I have read most of them, However I have a more specific question and I hope someone can point us in the right direction.

For our 2010 holiday we are looking to rent a villa at the gulf coast but we would like to stay in a resort where there is a communal pool as well so that our kids can interact more with other kids or even a resort where there is some form of kids entertainment. Does anyone know if a stay like this would be possible ? We are very open minded re location.
    Thanks very much for your advice.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi Peter

There are very few resort type locations on the Gulf Coast, by comparison to Orlando.

Rotonda West for example is a deed restricted community but there is no community pool; depending on your children's ages there is the playground in the center.

There are numerous beaches in the locality where there should be other children who your children could play with. There is kayaking, fishing horse riding, boat rentals and much more.
    Many owners provide bikes for guests and there are trails to follow.

Hope this helps and enjoy.

Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know the Gulf Coast reasonably well but I can't think of any Resort that has 'villas' with private pools as well as a communal pool and entertainment for children. If you are prepared to take a condo instead, you'll have plenty of choice of resorts of that type actually situated on the beach so you get the best of both worlds - but no private pool.

I suppose it depends which is the most important to you but I'd be surprised if you find somewhere that ticks all your boxes.

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you do a search on the Gulf coast villas on this site there is a 4 bedroom villa on a community at Port Charlotte with a communal pool, games room, gym, and tennis courts although no kids entertainment as such. That may fill your requirements [8D]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by peterB

For our 2010 holiday we are looking to rent a villa at the gulf coast but we would like to stay in a resort where there is a communal pool as well so that our kids can interact more with other kids or even a resort where there is some form of kids entertainment. Does anyone know if a stay like this would be possible ? We are very open minded re location.
    Thanks very much for your advice.
    [/quote]
    Ruth

Florida Savvy
    Thank you for all your replies. I am sure we'll find something nice anyway.

Rotonda West Gulf Coast Florida & East Sussex UK
    I have visited that community at Port Charlotte and the Communal pool is huge and is fantastic for children who really like to swim

Do not forget the wonderful family beaches on the gulf close side of Florida

On one of our trips we made friends with other families and we all met up at the Myakka state Park and had a fantastic day out with lots to do. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ruth
    If you do a search on the Gulf coast villas on this site there is a 4 bedroom villa on a community at Port Charlotte with a communal pool, games room, gym, and tennis courts although no kids entertainment as such. That may fill your requirements [8D]
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by peterB
    Thanks very much for your advice.[/quote][/quote]

I can vouch for the fabulous beaches on the Gulf coast, we went to Stump Pass yesterday. It was absolutely lovely, quiet, not too many people, lots of shells and fishing going on too. There's also a museum for those wanting to catch up on their culture.

Also been to Indian Shores and Beach; and St Petes, all very nice wide and sandy, beautiful clear water you can see the shoals of tiny fish, the kids will love it!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Stump Pass is our favourite, did you walk to the end, wonderful views over the pass.
    It is also a great beach for sharks teeth.

Lynne

Stump Pass is also our favourite beach especially for walking along as the sun sets and watching dolphins close to the shore with sometimes only a heron for company. With free parking from an hour before sunset it does not get much better.

Mo
    Maureen Green

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you want a beach, these were taken a few weeks ago on Sanibel. If there's a better one on the Gulf Coast, I haven't seen it yet. Although you won't have a private pool, all the other things you are looking for are there. (Car Park not required!)

Some more were posted by The Bodger earlier this week:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_50784.asp