Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: refused entry

Florida Junior

refused entry

hi last september 08 i traveled to orlando airport with my family,5 of us, as i live and work in kissimmee, myself ,my wife and two of our children on e-visas ,our eldest son that is 22 came with us on the waiver as he live and works in the UK,and they refused him entry ,and he has never been in trouble in any way what so ever,but on the day they just said no and put him back on the plane back to the UK,the only thing i can think of is that it was the day befor 9/11 so security was at its max ,i complaned to the homland security and other but all i got back was it was down to the officer on the gate ,,,great thanks WELCOME TO AMERICA ,so please dont take anything for granted
    my son wants to come to see me but is scarred he might get refused again,has anyone got any ideas?he has been told he has to go and get a visa now as well[msnsad]
    del

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm thinking that they're thinking that as the rest of you all live in Florida and you were all travelling together, that your son was also intending to do the same.
    blott

I would suggest a visa would be the only safe option taking proof of his intention to live in the UK.
    Many years ago my brother went with a friend to visit the friends extended family. His friend had to take letters from his school to say he was going to return to the UK to finish his schooling
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's true that he will need to apply for a Visa as he has been refused entry but hopefully it will be straightforward enough if he takes evidence of his work commitments and if he has a rented property or is buying. If has signed a new rental agreement before he visits that is good proof to them he intends to return.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    hi thanks for your comments ,i wll keep my fingers crossed forwhen he has his interview
    del

That is insane! Did they not give you any reasoning for why he was turned away? Maybe someone who had the same name as him got into trouble. They are very strict these days. But sometimes they can be nice because my Guatemalan friend went there without a transit visa, not knowing that you needed a visa just to pass through. She was detained for many hours but they let her go on to Mexico!! I guess she was just lucky.

Gold 5 Star Member
    They think he is going to stay in the US...this is common and happen a lot...

Florida Junior
    he has been refused a visa and told dont re-apply what is wrong with them ?
    del

Gold 5 Star Member
    they think he plans on staying for good..its one of the downfalls once you move here for so many

Derek, that's atrocious, I can't imagine how upsetting that must be for you and your family.

Words fail me, they really do.
    Dave.