Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Highland reserve

Florida Newbie

Highland reserve

Hi
    can anyone tell me if the golf course at Highland reserve is any good and also if they hire clubs etc. Ive hired a villa in Belfry Drive and will be visiting for the middle two weeks of June and thought I might try a round while I'm there. Don't let my good lady wife know as she already is a bit of a golfing widow back home in Scotland

Hi There,
    I played there a couple of years ago and to be honest it certainly wasn't one of the better courses around.

You can hire clubs from the pro shop if needed.

If you are just after a swing about for a couple of hours then that is fine at Highlands. Personally, somewhere like Southern Dunes is a much better experience and only 5 mins up H27
    Lee
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-2201.aspx

Florida Junior
    Highlands does have club rental and last year evening specials until dark, if you can stand the heat. I am not 100% sure but I believe they rented Cobras last year, at any rate it was a quality set of clubs.

If you don't mind traveling a bit down 27 toward Clermont (about 12 miles I think), The Legends at Clermont is a fantastic course with great elevation changes for Florida and the most impressive GPS system I have seen. I believe they have club rentals also.

Hit them well,

Chuck

Florida Newbie
    thanks for the info guys. As I'm staying right on the doorstep I might just take a wander round. Ive had a look at the two courses you have mentioned online and they both look good, however, completely different from what I'm used to as I stay near Troon which is surrounded by Good old fashioned Links courses

Cheers