Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Never again

Florida Newbie

Well. We're going back on 21st March albeit into Orlando this time, I hope to God we have a smooth entry or that really will be 'it'. I e mailed my MP who to his credit took it up with the relevant body and wrote to the US Authorities on our behalf. I received acknowledgment of receipt of the letter in June and absolutely nothing else since, so apparently even Britain's Shadow Attorney General can't raise a civil response much less an explanation or apology.

But we've given it up now and return to the Florida to enjoy the many good things The Sunshine State has to offer, trip number TWENTY!!

I'm sure it will work out for you this time. Not long now
    Shirley

Try not to dwell on your past experience at Miami and hopefully you will sail through Immigration.

Have a great trip.

Sandra

A few years ago my partner was locked in a room for 8 hours and put on a plane back to the UK, the reason? Apperantly on her last stay she never handed in the green slip (which she did) which showed up on the system as an over stay, we had months of grief and ended up going to the embassy in London with various forms of proof that she was in the UK at the alleged time, she now has a visa but going through immigration is always a pain as a supervisor has to be called, we always make sure we have a good 3 hours for connecting flights. Always make sure your green slip is correctly handed in at the end of your stay!

My husband has in the past had to go into the interview room as an undesirable has the same name as him. Luckily the description is different so they always let him go. As we know this now we smile when they study his passport and it has been put on his record that he is ok so now we get through without having to go into the interview room. I have found in the last year or so that the Immigration people have got a lot better. I think they must have had a bit of training in customer relations [msnsmile2]

Florida Chatterbox
    Just travelled yesterday with Continental via Newark. I did notice that when providing security info to the airline they asked for a redress number, this apparently is for someone who has had a mistaken identity problem previously and has had it officially resolved. The redress number being in the system is meant to stop the hassle at border.

By the way, first time with Continental and have to say I am impressed, on time, and comfortable journey, I will be using them again.

Zander Buchan
    www.orlandovillas.com/villas/109.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    I've wondered what that was when I've seen it on the Advance Passenger Information form. Good idea if it works.

I'm flying into Miami tomorrow (and on the weekend it's hosting the Super Bowl). What a joy![msnsad][msnsad]

I have read through the events of you all and thankfully, I have never had a problem and Please God will not either but all I want to say is that at least they are on the ball and checking everyone.
    These days security is so vital and I feel more at ease knowing they are doing their job.

I know it is very frustrating after a very long flight when this happens but remember

SAFETY COMES FIRST..................