Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manta

Florida Expert

Manta

Have had an email from Seaworld today saying that manta is open for the pre rides and there is a clip (which has you tube logo on it so can probably find it on there too) from the ride. My family will love it although unfortunately I won't be able to go on as I will be photographer - what a shame[msnwink]

Florida Expert
    We were at Seaworld on Sunday and the ride was open for staff and families (we think) but at the end of the day they opened to everyone, and so had the chance to go on it. I am not generally a lover of roller coasters (Big Thunder Mountain is normally my limit) but I thought I should give it a go, as it was such an opportunity. It was fantastic! We didn't have time to go on it again because the park was almost closing, but I would have done it again like a shot. Brilliant! [msnsmile2]
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Florida Newbie
    I did the Manta ride last week - they are doing soft openings, I think to get the staff trained and iron out any problems.

The queue was long but went down quickly as they were 4 mantas taking 32 people in each.

I wasn't impressed - if you're a man it is probably more comfortable but as a woman it isn't comfortable at all.

The seat looks like any ordinary seat but when you pull the harness down it also operates a padded bar across your ankles. Once everyone is ready the seats are then tipped so you are looking at the floor, so basically you are putting most of your weight on your chest[:O].

Because you are looking down its hard to focus on where you are going and what is happening.

Once the ride had finished we had a delay coming back into the station - this is were it really became uncomfortable because the seat is not put back upright until to get into the station.

I had deep ridges across my ankles from the 'padded' bar and could hardly breath due, I think, to my weight being on my chest.

Very disappointed.

Sue

Florida Expert
    Is a fast, big ride? Like Emm I'm only good for Big Mountain thunder so wonder whether I'm going to be having a go or taking photos?![msnembarrased]

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    My Son and I cannot wait to try this ride.[msneek] well what I should say is my Son cannot wait, as for me I'm ok for now[msnwink]

I think that is one of the advantages of Disney,Universal and SeaWorld over say many UK Parks. They do try and keep varying the attractions, updating them and also adding new to keep people coming back for more.

I have a few new ones on my list to 'do' and many of the established rides as well.

I will look forward to the Manata and also look out for the ladies, especially those with 'weight being on their chests'.[msnwink]
    Graham

Florida Junior
    From the description above, it sounds a lot like 'Air' at Alton Towers, same sort of principle. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes it is like Air

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Hubby and daughter did this when we were out from the 27th May. The really enjoyed it. One small point though, the track runs around a bit of the walkways in the park, and in one of the places, they have put the safety net 7 foot away from where the track is. oops. we just happened to be walking underneath it a guy was taking photos etc, and a couple of coins fell out of one persons pocket and just about missed us. It could have been a serious cut. I am sure they are in the process of moving it, or already done so.

Some lovely places for you to see the ride, and a lot of noise from the passengers, so it gets a thumbs up.

Hubby said they put you in the seat, then flip you down as if you are flying.
    CERI

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi all, Ive heard so much about this ride, everyone saying its great but i was wondering is it as scary as kraken as my daughter is not really a roller coaster person after a really bad experience on one when she was a lot younger, She is now 14 and says this year she is going to get back on the coasters and brave her fear, she has decided that manta will be her first, is she making the right choice with this ride,

Becky

Florida Newbie
    Hi

We went to Seaworld on 14th June and of course had to ride on Manta as first ride. It was a fantastic experience, weird but very good. Yes the seats move so you are looking face down and this gives a different edge on roller coastering the loops and turns. My son 9yrs loved it
    A must for roller coaster lovers.
    Jo