Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manta

Hi Becky, I rode Manta twice today and it was a great ride. I was lucky enough to listen to a talk from one of the designers. He was saying they didn't try to make it the tallest, fastest or whatever, but just to make it different and it really is, but there is none of that stomach in the mouth thing. They wanted people to see the park and it's exhibits and none of the backlot areas. It does have a fab view. I think it is scarer to watch than to ride! Kraken is way scarer and faster, I did that too! It would be a great first choice for her.
    Also make sure you go into the Manta aquarium which is to the left of the lockers by the entance. I didn't think it was well signed posted. That was brilliant seeing them fly over your head, smiling down at you.... well it looks like they are smiling
    Shirley

Florida Chatterbox
    Hi Shirley, Thankyou for your advice, you have put her mind at ease, It sounds like your having a fab time

I know this may sound weird, but will my glasses fall off?
    [msnembarrased]
    Karen Scott

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KarenScott
    I know this may sound weird, but will my glasses fall off?
    [msnembarrased]
    [/quote]

Karen, your not considering having a glass of wine whilst you partake in the ride are you?[msnwink]
    Graham

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
    Hi Becky, I rode Manta twice today and it was a great ride. I was lucky enough to listen to a talk from one of the designers. He was saying they didn't try to make it the tallest, fastest or whatever, but just to make it different and it really is, but there is none of that stomach in the mouth thing. They wanted people to see the park and it's exhibits and none of the backlot areas. It does have a fab view. I think it is scarer to watch than to ride! Kraken is way scarer and faster, I did that too! It would be a great first choice for her.
    Also make sure you go into the Manta aquarium which is to the left of the lockers by the entance. I didn't think it was well signed posted. That was brilliant seeing them fly over your head, smiling down at you.... well it looks like they are smiling
    [/quote]
    Might be one for me to try then? It's not the speed that I don't like but big drops particularly the first one after a slow crawl up

Florida Expert
    Sammibabe, I think it is one you should try. I HATE the big drops that are on roller coasters (and log flumes), so I just don't go on them now, but on Manta I didn't experience anything like that. Because you are 'flying' face down, and looking ahead, the experience is very exciting and with no stomach-lurching moments.
    emm

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1582.aspx

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by emm
    Sammibabe, I think it is one you should try. I HATE the big drops that are on roller coasters (and log flumes), so I just don't go on them now, but on Manta I didn't experience anything like that. Because you are 'flying' face down, and looking ahead, the experience is very exciting and with no stomach-lurching moments.
    [/quote]
    Thanks Emm. Laughed when I read this as that is me too. Thought Splash Mountain looked ok in 06 (and hadn't been since 01) and regretted it big time (and all other log flumes too) Quite sad as used to be ok on all this stuff. Will give it a try when we go[msnscared]