Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tower of Terror

Tower of Terror

How scary is it? Could a six year old go on it?

Claire

Gold 5 Star Member
    I took my grandson on when he was 6, he said he liked it,but i don't think he did,and he would not go on again.
    Barbara

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    This ride also has a height restriction on it.
    CERI

The height restriction is 40" (102cm) I think the suspense is worse than the drops, but I'm not 6 [msnwink]
    Shirley

I saw a teenager of about 19 being helped off crying, by her friends so I would not recomment it
    Hazel Coates

I was petrified of going on this the first time and both me and my daughter chickened out at the door of the lift.....ok,ok we are wimps, I'll admit to it.

But I made a pact with a friend that if she went on Mission Space (which I LOVE and she hated) I would go on Tower of Terror. So I did. I can't really say I enjoyed it, well having nearly crushed my son's hand in my terror I have to admit to being a teeny bit scared. But I have been on it since (as has my daughter!) and although I still feel scared I can cope with it. Judging by the smiling faces of young children who pass me as I lurch white-faced to the exit they do not seem to be worried by it at all.

I guess it depends on your six year old. If falling lifts is their worst nightmare then don't take him/her on it, but I bet he/she will love it![msnwink]
    ellie

Our middle child went on it when he was 6, mainly because a school friend had also done it, so he wanted to do so as well. I enjoyed it, but has declined doing it again since! I think that a lot of the scary Twilight Zone stuff would go over the child's head, but my son picked up on the story about the family in the lift.

I think a lot would depend on the individual child.

Sorry, not much help there!
    Euan

Gold 5 Star Member
    This is quite a scary ride which my eldest will not do again. However middle child went on as soon as she was 40" (she was probably 5 or 6 at the time) and loved it, it is still one of her favourites (but then she is a real "dare devil"). If necessary be prepared to hold onto them as they really do leave their seat during the drops
    Ruth

Florida Savvy
    In February, I took my 6 year old daughter on Tower Of Terror (She had only just turned 6).

I held her hand the whole time and kept talking to her, as at times it is very dark in there. Ruth is right, they do leave the seat during the drops so make sure their lap belt is pulled tight when you sit down !!!

When we got off, she was very quite (Which is very unusual for her) and then when we got outside, she cried............I must admit I felt a bit bad I had taken her on there. However, it was also my Husband's first time on it as well and I thought he might cry as well and he is 36 [msnwink]

Gold 5 Star Member
    My then 14 year old, gave it a go once, she said it was ok, but hasn't opted to do it again in the last 2 years[msneek]. I guess if you think it is fun when the plane drops a bit in turbulance..then you will love TT ?? Personally I feel...why would I want to spoil a perfectly good day [msnscared] But, that is just a scardy cat speaking [msnwink]