Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Birthday at Disney

Florida Savvy

Birthday at Disney

I'm planning on going to Disney on my birthday.
    I understand that I can get in for free with an ID, but do I really need to carry my passport around for the day?
    Or will a photocopy be enough?

Thanks
    Debbie

Littlehampton, West Sussex and Peace Circle, Crescent Lakes, Orlando
    Hi Debbie

We went to Epcot earlier this month for Rachel's 50th birthday. We were told we had to take origional passport, which we did. We had no problems and the free ticket was issued from the entry kiosk. Rachel also had to wear a badge with her name on. All the Disney staff when they saw the badge wished her Happy Birthday. It made the day.

In answer to your question, I think you will need to take the actual passport.

Enjoy
    Nigel

Looking forward to Monday and will be taking my passport [msnwink]
    Regards, Mark

My husband and I did the same in Jan you need to go to the "will call" window.

I have an old style drivers license so not sure if the new photo one shows dob but if it does I am sure this would suffice.

Liz

Florida Savvy
    My birthday is on holiday in florida and we will go to Hollywood Studios, which is my favourite park, will i need passport or is photo drivers licence ok? Also where in Hollywood studios do i go to get fastpasses or voucher etc as i have already got tickets for the park as have purchased multi day ticket?

Florida Savvy
    If you ahve already purchased a multi day ticket then I think you get the option of an 'alternative' bitrhday gift - they wont give you a refund of a day entry. If you take the free day then of course you end up with a spare day on your ticket compared to the others in your party.

Fastpasses are available at the individual rides. Once you use your ticket to get one then usually you cannot get another until the first one has kicked in.
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mistert
    If you ahve already purchased a multi day ticket then I think you get the option of an 'alternative' bitrhday gift - they wont give you a refund of a day entry.
    [/quote]

You can chose to get the amount of the entry on a "credit" card that you spend in the park stores. I think it doesn't work for food and beverages, but only for souvenirs and memorabilia. It's a good choice for those who already have their tickets like you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mistert
    If you have already purchased a multi day ticket then I think you get the option of an 'alternative' birthday gift - they wont give you a refund of a day entry.[/quote]This is incorrect. I was asked if I already had a multi-day ticket so I could have the ticket extended...
    Regards, Mark

Florida Savvy
    It is my understanding that you can only enter one of the parks under this birthday offer (ie no hopping). Or has anyone encountered otherwise?

This year I want to get my daughter a makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at MK, but then hop over to Hollywood Studios as we stayed the whole day at MK last birthday. I know there is also a Boutique at Downtown Disney but it does not open as early as the MK one. Last year we had the first 8am makeover appointment at Cinderella's Castle and were first car in car park - very handy when we emerged at 10pm after the fireworks carrying a very bedraggled and sound asleep little princess!

Sandra