Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gibson Guitar

Gibson Guitar

I will travel to Florida, in Early June 2009. I would like to know, where can i get the guitar with the best price. Is there any guitar shops nearby Mystic Dunes Resort & Country Club.

There is a good guitar shop on International Drive opposite Wet and Wild
    Roger

Are you after a particular model, I went to buy one recently and the quality is awful, even the more expensive models still need going over somewhat. If you have a particular model you want I can aks someone in Florida who knows about Gibsons.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sharifah
    I will travel to Florida, in Early June 2009. I would like to know, where can i get the guitar with the best price. Is there any guitar shops nearby Mystic Dunes Resort & Country Club.
    [/quote]

There is a "guitar shop" on Orange Blossom Trail about 1 mile south of Florida Mall.
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Expert
    Check out Sam Ash on Rt50 (Colonial Drive). They are always having sales. My son just bought a nice Martin there for a good price.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Savvy
    DH was looking at guitars last summer, we went to a shop on International Drive, and they had FAKE Gibson guitars. The American market is flooded with cheap Chinese copies.
    He pointed them out to me, and it was obvious when you saw the clues. Also the build quality was very poor, he says if you see a new Gibson that is poor quality it probably isn't a real Gibson.

Unfortunately Gibson are renouned for their poor finsish. Saying that there are some 'good' copies of the high end gibsons around, these are made in china but stamped 'made in the USA' and easy to spot but only if you know what to look for. A quick google on how to spot a fake gibson will give you guideline on what to look for.
    I am curretly 'buying' a gibson SG but not happy with the finish, I reckon it will cost me another £100 to get it set up properly,not good for what is supposed to be a 'good' guitar. Alhough they do look and sound wonderful.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by debbie
    DH was looking at guitars last summer, we went to a shop on International Drive, and they had FAKE Gibson guitars. The American market is flooded with cheap Chinese copies.
    He pointed them out to me, and it was obvious when you saw the clues. Also the build quality was very poor, he says if you see a new Gibson that is poor quality it probably isn't a real Gibson.
    [/quote]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Don't know much about that, but I've had a Gibson Les Paul for well over 10 years now and it still looks as good as new [msnsmile].
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    Unfortunately Gibson are renouned for their poor finsish.[/quote]

Its silly things like running your finger along the side of the frets, should be smooth an even, I actually nicked my finger on the one I am looking at. Obviously each one is different but it is worth looking at the entire stock of a particular model and play each one too. They all sound a little different to each other and you can get the odd one that is killer [msnsmile]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Don't know much about that, but I've had a Gibson Les Paul for well over 10 years now and it still looks as good as new [msnsmile].
    Unfortunately Gibson are renouned for their poor finsish.[/quote]
    [/quote]u

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Spot on [msnsmile].

Obviously each one is different but it is worth looking at the entire stock of a particular model and play each one too. They all sound a little different to each other and you can get the odd one that is killer [msnsmile]

[/quote]