Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aquatica, day 13.

Aquatica, day 13.

Day 13 Aquatica.

Off we go to Aquatica, get to the park for 10am because we are not sure how busy it’s going to be. As you enter the park you go over the viewing bridge for the Commersons Dolphin Exhibit. I’d seen these little guys on TV commercials and was really keen to get up close. There were only 4 in the pool and didn’t appear to be very active.[msnsad] So we went down to the side of the exhibit, I was surprised how small the pool area is and the lack of anything for them to interact with. They appeared to be swimming round and round the same route - I found this quite disturbing.[msnoo]

Off to set up camp and made the same mistake as Typhoon Lagoon, camped out on the beach, everything covered in sand! But this time under a big sun umbrella - had got quite burnt over the past few days and was looking for some shade.[msncool]

Thinking the park would possibly get very busy we decided to do the Dolphin Plunge 1st. I expected to slide down a long clear glass tube, inside the dolphin tank, admiring them gaily frolicking around me. The reality is, the clear part of the tube is only for a few feet , it was so misted up, and you are going so fast, you see nothing! [msnscared]

So that one ticked off, onto the next ride. We tried the Tassie’s Twister which is basically a slide ride, but you sit in a raft and it spits you out into a lazy river. Liked this, good fun, went down in a tandem raft, some how as we got to the bottom Mr M got spat out, he then spent the next 10 minutes entertaining myself, and the lifeguard trying to jump back in. [msnsmile2] Sticking with the raft theme we wandered over to another area of the park and did another couple of rides. All good, but not very long. By the time you’ve trudged up all those stone steps, exfoliating all the dead skin off your feet as you go, it would be nice if the ride lasted a little longer than a few minutes. [msntongue]

But hey, what ever, lets try the river rapids. Waded into the water, now I like to think of my self as a fairly confident swimmer, and not the sort of girly girl that gets knocked off her feet easily, but I wasn’t expecting the strength of the current. Before I knew what was going on I had been swept down stream and a fairly fast pace.[msneek] Don’t’ get me wrong, I was loving it, but any little ones would soon be swept away from you if you didn’t have a firm grip hold of them. Mr M came flying past me at one stage screaming “get me out at the next gate“, I had to grab hold of his ankle to keep up with him. - Certainly not a relaxing river, like Typhoon Lagoon, but never the less I enjoyed it.[msnwink]

Off again to find some more slides and came across the Whanau Way. A series of 4 rides, using the big inflatable rings. These looked like fun, so opted for a tandem ring, I graciously let Mr M carry it all the way up the stone steps. Got to the top, looked’ like quite a fun ride, until you have to put your raft on the slide and some how try to sit in it graciously, with out setting off before you are “in position” and not looking like something stranded on the beach after the tide has gone out. [msnwink] Any way, in position, “Butt Lifted” (remember typhoon lagoon), and off we went. Excellent ride, 2 in the raft meant that we really built up speed, and whizzed up and down the sides of the slide, great fun. Until we hit the splash pool. Shot out of the tube like a rocket and, surfed across the water finally stopping at the life guards feet. Now, do you remember I said this was an Inflatable ring ride? So our “Butts” were actually in the water at this point? [msnscared] Mr M had swimming shorts on, so he was fine. My costume had unfortunately formed an awful “wedgie” in to an area I didn’t want to reveal to the public[msneek]. I began to panic in case we flipped over and my embarrassment would be seen by all and sundry[msnembarrased]. I then got the giggles, then started laughing hysterically, the consequences of this was that I couldn’t get out of the ring, I was sinking deeper into it. By this time Mr M c
    Diane.

Florida Newbie
    great insite, thanks for the updates. hope u enjoyed ur trip.[msnsmile]

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Excellent report-made me laugh out loud!

Made me giggle reading your report,thanks
    Jan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
    Excellent report-made me laugh out loud!
    [/quote]

Thank - you. I appreciate your comments, I never inspired to be a JK Rowling, but, the reponses I got to my ramblings made me continue. Just one day left and I'm done. I just hope the rest of you return the favour.

Thanks again, Diane.

Diane this is great, we are looking to find a lazy river as hubby cant swiand its taken so long for us to get him into the waer, i was hoping aquatic would be the one for hm.... cant affrd to do dc everytime we go bit expensive just for the lazy river..... lol i had never seen hubby have so much fun in the water so have to find out bout typhoon lagoon,

thanks again Diane xxx
    Liesa

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Excellent report, really enjoyed your accounts of the raft rides!
    Frances

Florida Expert
    What a great report - you certainly have the gift of making me feel I am actually there. Everything you have said is absolutely true but I could never have described it like you do.

Certainly had me laughing - I loved it.
    Mary

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    Diane this is great, we are looking to find a lazy river as hubby cant swiand its taken so long for us to get him into the waer, i was hoping aquatic would be the one for hm.... cant affrd to do dc everytime we go bit expensive just for the lazy river..... lol i had never seen hubby have so much fun in the water so have to find out bout typhoon lagoon,

thanks again Diane xxx
    [/quote]

Lazy river and the rapids would be fine for him at Aquatica. As you enter the rapids there are loads of lifejackets for adults and kids to use. You dont need to swim the jacket keeps you afloat, my kids renamed it the lazy, lazy river. Love this park[clap][clap]
    Jan

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna

thanks again Diane xxx
    [/quote]

Lazy river and the rapids would be fine for him at Aquatica. As you enter the rapids there are loads of lifejackets for adults and kids to use. You dont need to swim the jacket keeps you afloat, my kids renamed it the lazy, lazy river. Love this park[clap][clap]
    [/quote]

We tried the lazy river with life jackets but I found them very restrictive - but then I do love swimming so I was quite happy to swim around. Given a choice I would do typoon Lagoon - love it. Mr M is pushing the well over 21 x 2 yrs old and a bit more, but watching him on the slides I saw the child he once was, just enjoying life for what it is and having a real good time.