Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Champions Gate

Gold 5 Star Member

Champions Gate

can someone please advise on facilities and restaurants in this area

thank you
    Orlandobabe

Florida Chatterbox
    Chilli's, McDonalds, Publix (X2), Wallgreens, Pappa Johns Pizzas, Dunkin Donuts, China 1, Omni Resorts own restaurant, Subway, 2 Gas stations. Thats all I can think of at the mo. Gill

Florida Expert
    Pizza Hut takeaway, CVS, the Omni has 3 restaurants I think, 2 Chinese, an Italian restaurant (sorry can't remember the name) nail bars, UPS, Liquor stores, I'm sure others will think of those Lewisp and I have missed. There are more places opening all the time especially around CVS and the new second Publix. It's a really great area as it's so convenient for I-4, 192 and the 27.

Florida Expert
    I have just returned home and have to agree with Nina the new publix and all the other restaurants that have opened up at Lake Wilson have made this place an even better area than it already was. Wachovia bank is there also and it looks like another 2 stores are opening up but I'm not sure what they are yet.
    Dave

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Father
    Where exactly is the new Publix?
    [/quote]The new Publix that opened late last year is at the crossroads with Old Lake Wilson Rd and the CR 532, the Osceola Polk County Line Road. It is just along from Champions Gate heading away from H27 towards South Orange Blossom Trail.

Quite honestly I don't know why they built another Publix here so close to the one at Champions Gate but it is very convenient. A gas station has also opened next to CVS which we found much easier to use than those at Champions Gate. As Davy says there are lots of other places opening here too.

Does anyone know what restaurants and what shops opened or are opening near the new Publix?

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by letournerie
    Does anyone know what restaurants and what shops opened or are opening near the new Publix?
    [/quote]
    From memory when we were over before Easter,round the new Publix was a pizza takeaway called Papa Johns I think, a liquor store, a takeaway Chinese, Wachovia bank and plenty more to open.

On the opposite side of the road there is Pizza Hut takeaway, CVS, Dunkin Donuts, a gas station and others I can't remember! I'm sure those with a better memory than mine can fill you in on the rest [msnembarrased]