Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Collecting car - additional drivers present?

Florida Newbie

Collecting car - additional drivers present?

One piece of advice I have seen is to send the main driver to collect the car whilst the rest of the party pick up the luggage.

I have booked via uscarhire and dollar using express lane. Do all the drivers need to be there? Or is the advice above only good if there is going to be one driver? Thanks

Hi,
    this is answered in the uscarhire FAQ here http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/faq-collecting-car.aspx

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Pareto
    One piece of advice I have seen is to send the main driver to collect the car whilst the rest of the party pick up the luggage.

I have booked via uscarhire and dollar using express lane. Do all the drivers need to be there? Or is the advice above only good if there is going to be one driver? Thanks
    [/quote]

All drivers do need to be present. In the old days when you had to drop your luggage at a transfer belt once you left customs, we used to queue for the car and then return to collect our bags as the wait time for bags and cars was usually the same. However these days you can take your bags on the transit with you and all head for the car rental at the same time [msncool]
    Shirley

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for your replies.

So I guess we queue for the bags and then go to collect the car all together.

The bags usually arrive fairly quickly from the aircraft and are often waiting for you by the time you have been through immigration. If you were to separate from the rest of your party at this stage, you would need to fill in an extra customs form, so really not worth the hassle
    Shirley

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
    All drivers do need to be present. In the old days when you had to drop your luggage at a transfer belt once you left customs, we used to queue for the car and then return to collect our bags as the wait time for bags and cars was usually the same. However these days you can take your bags on the transit with you and all head for the car rental at the same time [msncool]
    [/quote]

While the above appiles if you fly direct into MCO, if you fly indirect (Delta, United etc) then you do not pick up your luggae after customs, as you don't go through customs at MCO. You still therefore have to pick up your luggage from the carousel. If the queues seem long you can send one to pick up the car hire & then add other drivers later at one of the rental companies other locations - you don't have to go back to MCO. To see where the locations are around orlando go to the companies .com website and use the 'locations' tab to search for offices that may be more convenient eg International Drive, Lake Buena Vista or Hotel Bvd (near Down town Disney)
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx