Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: dollar express card

Florida Newbie

dollar express card

I have booked my car through yourselves and have applied for a dollar express card, the number has been applied to voucher, but what exactly do we do when we get to mco? 0We have to pay for a tank of petrol. Could someone explain to me. Thanks.
    K.Kenyon

When you get to the Dollar desk at MCO, there is a zig-zag queue for normal customers and a short Dollar Express queue for the card holders. Go into the Dollar Express queue and wait to be called by the first available operator.

Usually called very quickly.

Not sure what you mean on the petrol.
    Regards, Mark

Dollar are usually very quick to call you in as an express member.
    Lynne

Florida Savvy
    It's not a matter of paying for a tank of petrol - it's whether or not you have to return the car with a full or empty tank. If you have booked a 'gold' package then you can return the car with the tank as empty as you dare to go - without running the risk of running out.

You would be better eming the care hire division direct if you are unsure. Roger may not pick this thread up (as its about Dollar Express) - although he usually does!

When you get to the counter go to the Express lane & you will be called as soon as an agent is free. Do not go into the main queue at the desk!
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

Administrator
    On Silver with Dollar (which you have booked) you return empty and pay for a full tank of fuel (at double or more the pump price). Dollar do however usually allow you to return the car full to avoid this charge, but you have to state this is your intention when you collect the car, and when you return the car make sure you point out clearly to the check-in clerk that the tank is full.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks very much, i will make sure that my husband stays in the express line, and also stresses that we would prefer to bring the car back with a full tank of petrol. I didn't realise untill i looked at my voucher that it would have been worth getting the gold option i just looked at the extra drivers (which we don't need). Stupid i know, but when i enquired about changing it was going to cost me a lot more. Thanks again for answering my questions. Loving this sitexxx

Florida Newbie
    Will Dollar still not try and charge you as this is written within there Silver policy for a full tank of fuel on return of your car?
    I would be anxious that they would try to do this regardless of an over the counter agreement.
    Any info appreciated as I am going to book through this site with Dollar fairly soon.
    Thanks Lee

Hi Lee
    When this happened to us, Roger advised that we keep the final fill up petrol receipt and take a photo of the mileage and fuel gauge on arrival at the airport. We then faxed these to him an got a very speedy refund [clap] I assume this would still be the case. Another example of great service
    Shirley