Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Train Newcastle-upon-Tyne to Manchester Airport.

Florida Expert

Train Newcastle-upon-Tyne to Manchester Airport.

Just booked a one way trip for 26th April 23.00p.( one adult ) I have also booked a trip coming back for three of us 40.00 on 14th May.(two adults one minor ) The price just to park the car would be 52.00. so a great bargain. Never had prices like this before for the train.Usually around 60.00 each.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

I just got birmingham to london for £9.99 (off peak) have not been on a train for around 25 years!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by normajohnp
    Just booked a one way trip for 26th April 23.00p.( one adult ) I have also booked a trip coming back for three of us 40.00 on 14th May.(two adults one minor ) The price just to park the car would be 52.00. so a great bargain. Never had prices like this before for the train.Usually around 60.00 each.
    [/quote]

Florida Expert
    We nearly always use the train from B'ham (nuneaton) to Manchester and have had as low as £11 each way before now. Whenever I go to mum's in Newcastle I have had some very good deals (last one was £32 first class).

Always check the trains for advance tickets and wait until the prices go down.

It is nice for whoever would have been the 'designated driver'. I always worry that the driver may not be quite as bright and alert as usual once they have had a long flight - I certainly know that I can hardly keep my eyes open once in a car.

Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
    I just got birmingham to london for £9.99 (off peak) have not been on a train for around 25 years!!
    [/quote]

You need to know that's it's now OK to flush while the train is standing in the station Martin and I think the £5 fine for pulling the communication cord (if there still is one) has gone up.[msnwink]

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Worth pointing out as well that the train goes right into the airport complex and all you have to do is jump on the moving walkways to your terminal! Enjoy

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
    Worth pointing out as well that the train goes right into the airport complex and all you have to do is jump on the moving walkways to your terminal! Enjoy
    [/quote]

It's been a year or so since I used the train station but at that time you had to catch a bus to and from Terminal 3 because the passage through from Terminal 1 had been blocked off (after many years of being able to walk through). Has that changed again now because the closure of the walkthrough is the main reason I stopped using the train?

Florida Chatterbox
    the only thing putting me off getting the train is coming bag with lots of baggage and how often do the trains run from manchester to newcastle? have just booked for 2 weeks time so undecided about how to get to manchester. usually take the car but our last two visits to manchester have proved eventful, the car fan belt broke on way to manchester last may and in august the car did not change gear after the car park staff jump started our automatic car! so i am a bit wary about taking car this time!
    tracey

Florida Savvy
    The train is fine. You can get to the station from the terminal via a walkway.

The trains run every hour direct to Newcastle and you can get a cheap advance ticket. If your return flight is delayed you can travel up to 3 hours after your designated time. The trainline gives details of ticket conditions.

One thing to bear in mind about the return train journey - especially if it is on a Sunday - is that there is not the same level of service on a Sunday and you could land back early in the morning and have to either wait for hours OR travel back by bus. This happened to us last year when they took the service off with no notice. The bus took ages and after a long flight it was sheer h***!

Bernadette