Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jaws Ride

Florida Chatterbox

Jaws Ride

Was reminiscing the other day about the King Kong ride. Found it curious that Univ got rid just befaore a new KK film was made.

This got me thinking as to why they still have the 'Earthquake' attraction - surely it is now pst its sell by date?

Also what about 'Twister?

Lastly I hope thay never get rid of my favourite attrcation..you knows it..JAWS!!

Hi Nigel,

Universal have updated the earthquake attraction and called it Disaster. I have never been on Earthquake but Disaster was the worst attraction I've ever been on. I was a waste of time, I wanted to walk out half way through it.

Twister is still there too, have only done it once and that is enough.

I also love Jaws, my five year old son was scared on it, wouldn't even look out of the boat even though we told him it wasn't a real shark!

Claire

The new Disaster ride/show which replaced Earhquake has one of the most incredible 3d holograms of a human I have ever seen
    Jaws is a favorite of mine but I can see it going one day as it covers a very large area which could be given over to 2 or 3 major attractions.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by NigelM
    Was reminiscing the other day about the King Kong ride. Found it curious that Univ got rid just befaore a new KK film was made.

This got me thinking as to why they still have the 'Earthquake' attraction - surely it is now pst its sell by date?

Also what about 'Twister?

Lastly I hope thay never get rid of my favourite attrcation..you knows it..JAWS!!
    [/quote]

I thought it was sad too, we liked the KK attraction (although we thought the last movie was the worst ever). Maybe it's just a matter of statistics: people not liking it anymore...? I have a great picture of KK's head when he's trying to rip off our aerial tram car: you could smell his breath
    I agree with you, they just can't get rid of Jaws.
    We liked the Back to the future one too, but it's gone [msncry]... Hope the new one is good . [msntongue]

Florida Newbie
    i think your right about jaws - wont be long before it goes. as well as taking up a large area, i think its VERY dated.

I was also suprised with the removal of KK - i thought they were just going to close it to give it a bit of a refurb and update to make it suit the new film, but no - never reopened!!! also gutted back to the future is closed!! even if they did replace it with the simpsons!

not been on the update of earthquake though - really looking forward to that

Florida Newbie
    walken 3d at disaster was amazing, i liked it. not as bad as previous posts say.
    worth doing as is twister.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would be sad to see Jaws go...it reminds me of home and always makes us laugh to see Nantucket on the sign post..they have tried to remove it...but to many people complained..it is a family ride..I'm fed up of all the roller coasters popping up...its a Theme Park not an Amusement Park..

Gold 5 Star Member
    Here here Chrissie [msnwink]

Florida Chatterbox
    I actually really like the "disaster ride", must be my childish sense of humour!![laugh]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I like it too..but I don't think its worth the wait more than once...