Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Indian food

Florida Savvy

Indian food

Hi everyone,

After reading reviews of Indian restaurants on the forum over the years, the hunt for a good Indian so far has been disapointing.

However I have recently been reading some very favouable reviews on a trip advising forum about the 'Spice Cafe in the Dr Phillips Marketplace ... Now under New Management.'

We love Indian food and have found it to be the only food category in Florida so far, less than outstanding!

Has anyone experienced this restaurant yet?

As everyone knows we need to cover all calorie possibilities [msnwink]

Debbie

Gold 5 Star Member Cruella DeVilla's Avatar
    Indian curry is my favourite cuisine.

I have been to the Spice Cafe on DR. Phillips and it was the best I have tasted around here but it's not really really great if you know what I mean. It's small and not very atmospheric but the staff are really nice and if I wanted to go out and eat a curry I might go over there again.

You're right a good curry is the one thing that is a hard find. It's not really a drama if you are just on holiday but it's the first thing I have when I return back to the UK.

I just tend to make them at home and although tasty there is always that something missing from the restuarant style of cooking, probably because I don't have a Tandoor! My lovely friend has just brought me over some spices so I may dabble again this week.

Let me know if you find somewhere!
    CDV

Florida Expert
    There's a lovely Indian place up here in Longwood in Seminole County. On Rt 434. It's an old Pizza Hut converted! If anyones interested drop me a PM.
    It's around 30-40 minutes or so from the parks area
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

In my experience if you are looking for a curry like you get in England...eat in England. Even if you find a restaurant owned and staffed by Indians, they will be necessity cater to the local palette, which is likely to mean much less spicy and more bland than you're used to in the UK.

Personally I would take the opportunity to try food you can't easily get in the UK...Mexican, Cuban, perhaps Caribbean and make trying new stuff part of your holiday experience.
    Keith

Florida Expert
    Keith,
    Good for you! Too many want to come over here and eat British food all the time. And if you want bland, eat English!
    By the way. The Indian place I mentioned isn't bland! I've had some lovely meals there. But of course they do cater to the Americans. They do a nice buffet lunch. Great way to try a little of everything.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens