Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airboat Rides

Florida Savvy

Airboat Rides

Last time we went to Florida we went for an Airboat ride at Boggy Creek. We are thinking about doing another ride again this year but cant decide between Boggy Creek or Big Toho Airboat rides. Has anybody been on either or both and what opinions have been gathered?

Did Boggy Creek airboats a few years ago & were, frankly, very disappointed with the experience haveing been on an airboat trip about 10 years ago in the Saratoga area which was more of a nature ramble rather than the "Coo - don't it go FAST" of the Boggy Creek crew...
    Just last week we did Cypress Lake Airboat Tours & the experience was much like our Saratoga trip. The emphasis was more towards the wildlife side, of which the lake has an abundance, with many stops (engine off) to get really great pix.
    Can't comment on Big Toho as haven't been there...

Florida Chatterbox
    I agree with Martin & Sue. We much prefer the Cypress Lake Airbout Tour. The 'drivers' are much calmer and are happy to stop and point out birds and animals and stop the boat so you can appreciate the peace and quiet. We always call ahead and book our places, but I don't think you have to - someone else may be able to confirm that.

CLAIRE
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-572.aspx

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Claire
    I agree with Martin & Sue. We much prefer the Cypress Lake Airbout Tour. The 'drivers' are much calmer and are happy to stop and point out birds and animals and stop the boat so you can appreciate the peace and quiet. We always call ahead and book our places, but I don't think you have to - someone else may be able to confirm that.

CLAIRE[/quote]But the drivers do exactly that at Boggy Creek Airboats, particularly at their Southport location. They always know where to find alligators and other wildlife and always stop for photo opportunities as well as answering any questions anyone has about the wildlife.
    blott

Florida Chatterbox
    could anyone tell me where Cypress Lake Airboat Tours is and how long the trip and the cost

cheers

why not do [website link edited]

It's a bit of a drive but well worth it. We have done it twice now.
    Shirley
    http://www.orlandovillas.com/villas/1786.aspx

Hi Paul,
    This from Cypress' website:
    "1.) DIRECTIONS FROM DISNEY
    Go east on Hwy. 192, to St. Cloud, after the third CVS (from Turnpike exit) turn right ( go south) on Vermont Ave. (aka Canoe Creek Road). Go 11.6 miles to Lake Cypress Road, turn right then 2.3 miles to Lake Cypress."
    Last bit is about 1/2 mile dirt-track....
    Trip lasts about an hour.
    Costs $45 (last week) but you should be able to find a $5 discount (per person) in one of the free voucherbooks...
    If you're over 60, $2.50 reduction !!!
    So - if you've a voucher, don't admit to being over 60, you'll pay an EXTRA $2.50 !!!

Florida Chatterbox
    so this one it better than boggy creek,as never been on one before

"Different" sums it better than "better than" !
    Boggy Creek's an half-hour fastish run (daytime) around a smallish lake. If you've kids that bore easily, it's a pretty good thrill ride with a few 'gators thrown in.
    Cypress Lake's a full hour on a huge lake, taken relatively slowly with the emphasis more on wildlife - much more an adult entertainment.
    Time per $ about evens.
    You pays your money.....

Boggy Creeks Southport location is around 4 times the size of Cypress Lake, I find the southport location to be better for wildlife viewing, they stop frequently. They usually have stuff going on to, baby gators an unsed boat on land for photos, picnic area, fishing etc etc. So if anyone is looking for airboats but without a 45 mile round trip, southport is a good venue. I have done both and there is little difference other than the time and price.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]
    Cypress Lake's a full hour on a huge lake, taken relatively slowly with the emphasis more on wildlife - much more an adult entertainment.
    Time per $ about evens.
    You pays your money.....[/quote]