Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The OV Forums seem quiet!!

Florida Savvy

The OV Forums seem quiet!!

Hi all,

Don't know if you all think the same .. but the activity and posts here don't seem as busy as this time last year!! Noticed it for the last couple of months.

I know we're in a recession but hey!! We can still chat [msnsmile2]
    Clayton, Pippa & Heather

Must admit I have been spending a lot of time in the garden now we have some decent weather
    Shirley

Florida Expert
    Well I have been at my mums for almost a month and having to check mail at the local library so I have not been participating in the chats very much.

Back now though so I pleased to be able to chatter away as usual [chatter]
    Mary

i'm always around but not going to florida this year as having a bigger do with all the family next year so kinda not had much to say.... i know its hard to believe!![msnwink]
    Liesa

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
    i'm always around but not going to florida this year as having a bigger do with all the family next year so kinda not had much to say.... i know its hard to believe!![msnwink]
    [/quote]

This then is to blame, we are all missing Liesa chatting.
    Jan

i remember getting the blame before for the quiet times on here!..... not my fault honest guv![gun][beer][high5]
    Liesa

Florida Newbie
    Dear Pudders... (cool name btw[msnsmile2])

I may open a real can of worms or get banned for my candidness but.....

Having only joined recently I looked at this site for honest and open advice which I got in spades. There are many good people on here that are here to give their opinions and help people to enjoy Florida. I myself have tried to give other Florida visitors advice based on my time there but to me it all boils down to money on here. The matrix here is based on commission and not true cash savings and true enjoyable experiences in Florida. I can and have purchased everything this site offers considerably cheaper but when people post the links they are edited out.

It's not rocket science and a guy needs to make a buck but lets be honest this site is, for the whole, really based around making money.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Thanks for your comments Neil. I am at a loss to see why you think you may get banned though as people are allowed to have an opinion and we don't ban people for that.

Of course we are here to make money and we've never disguised that fact, but I do think (with respect) that you have totally missed the point of the forums.

We do not force anyone to use our services and people are quite free to come to the forums and use them as a free and very useful vacation planning resource. We've had literally thousands of users who do this every year and don't purchase our services. They get absolutely loads of free vacation planning advice from people who go to Florida all the time and get to find out about lots of things they would not otherwise know about.

Yes, we do edit links to competing sites - the same as Microsoft won't allow links recommending Apple on their site and Ford won't tell you to go and buy a Vauxhall when you go into one of their showrooms. Why would they - it makes no sense at all. Again, this is something we've never disguised - if you read the Forum Rules, you will see it's been clearly stated in there since the forums started.

We're not and never have been a forum for specifically saving money (although our car hire and park tickets are great value). If you want to specifically discuss how to save money on holiday then there are other forums out there that do that, including one run by our park tickets guy's namesake, Martin Lewis.

Anyway, all this is totally off topic in this thread and we'd ask people to stick on topic here. If you want to discuss anything else then do feel free to start a new thread.

This is the BEST FORUM on the web, best thing I ever did was join. I have had good advice, saved a fortune in hints and tips, made some great friends and I have also made bookings ie carhire which have been absolutely brilliant and I have had excellent prices. Even if I don't add any comments, almost not a day goes past without me logging in. [clap][clap]
    Jan

same here Jan x
    must admit tho it is very quiet these days......[msnwink]
    Liesa