Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The OV Forums seem quiet!!

Gold 5 Star Member
    I find it a bit quiet...I pop in most days just to have a read..

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Good to hear from you Neil and glad you are still here (I thought you were [msnsmile]).

I have my DM switched off as I prefer people to email me - john@orlandovillas.com - I found people were DM'ing with things I needed to action and I was in danger of overlooking the DM's but always act on emails received.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Neil Swift
    Dear John,

No I am not ending our relationship (as in "Dear John"[msnwink]) but I wanted to "DM" you and can't find an option so here are my thoughts.
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    I found this site last February when i was searching for information on our first trip to Florida in October last year.

Our holiday was made so much better and smoother by getting information from this site. From Virgin Skycots, checking in, car hire, breakfast joints, best steaks in town, best beaches etc etc etc.... this list really would go on and on. This site and it's associated links (car hire and park tickets) made our holiday a dream holiday. This is all thanks to the administrators of these sites so cheers. [beer]

This year we're going back and the first place i turned to once the flights were booked was OV. Now i'm in a position where the villa, car hire and park tickets are all sorted and of course, all from OV. I will continue to support the site and use it right up until we go in October and indeed beyond to file my photographs and to hopefully give my advice and opinions on all things 'Florida' [grouphug]

Once again, well done to the site owners and long may you continue to make money and supply such valuable assets for Florida holidays. [bowwave]

End of speech, round of applause required.... I thank you [clap]

p.s... Site does seem quiet for the last week or so.
    Garry Pullan

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:We need more choice though as competition brings better deals and happier people.[/quote]Neil,
    There are a few of us who have ruffled some feathers on this website in the past, however I am not sure that I follow you about more competition.

It costs a lot of money to run a website and this site is funded by the revenue received by selling the services it offers. You wouldn’t expect, say, the Sony website to be giving the ‘competition’ in the shape of Panasonic/Samsung etc free advertising.

There are dozens of Websites dealing with Florida that give you ‘competition’ for various services if you wish. They derive their income from advertising any firm who will pay.

The beauty of this website is the forum - which allows opinions to be aired.

Take the car hire available from this site as an example. Those of us who are ‘Florida veterans’ know that the prices and service provided are unbeatable. Believe me if cheaper prices were available, or there were problems with the service, it would be pointed out in the threads on the forum.

Now take a website that allows 6 different car rental firms to advertise and thus give you ‘competition’. Again us Florida veterans know that there are all sorts of hidden charges with car hire. You will have to carry out a great deal of research to find out the exact cost, and you have no reliable way of knowing the standard of service.

If anyone were unhappy with the standard of the Villa that they rented from this site , or had problems with the attraction tickets they purchased it would quickly become apparent and dealt with by the owners.

In any case there is hardly lack of competition with villa rental - which is the main 'service' as there are hundreds to choose.

The downside of a forum is the vested interests, mentioned above, that paint a unrealistically rosy picture of Florida that can be downright misleading at times; but the ‘usual exponents’ do chime in with a counter view from time to time.[msnwink]

However I don’t know of a better website for those wishing to plan a Florida Holiday!

Florida Chatterbox
    It seems I was premature, not scared off at all[msnsmile2]

Spot on Robert, also i feel just posting a link to a newcomers post could be a little off putting.
    It may have taken that person a lot of courage to ask that question, and as we well know Orlando is changing almost on a daily basis so the link may well contain old and irrelevant information.
    I have been reading and using this sites facilities and forums for many years now, I have bought else where cheaper but have always had grief and returned back here. It may not be the busiest site but certainly the best.

Dave

I also pop in everyday, read the latest topics. I do post nearly every day, this forum has been my lifeline for many years . I try my best to contribute as a way of saying thank you for all the support and advice I have received, also to keep in touch with many friends I have made through OV.

I am a member of other forums but this is definitely one of the most civilized. Everyone has an opinion its healthy to listen to everyone’s point of view. OK a few sparks fly from time to time its only human nature. Chill out and enjoy what OV has to offer. [msnwink]
    Barbara

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Could this be because a lot of people are actually on Easter break and away in Florida. Except for us die hard owners that cannot give up the internet access for at least 24 hours without withdrawal.

So be prepared for a deluge of trip reports when the easter break is over. Only wish I was one of them, but as I only came back last week, that would be being greedy. although still looking for a last minute suitable price.
    CERI

From another point of view.....

The owners on this site are not only helpful to holiday makers - they actively help each other. Now where else would you find the competition helping each other?

I have gained so much by being a member of this site. I know that it has helped to develop my professionalism as an owner and has enabled me to provide a better service for my guests.

Whenever I have posted a question for help or advice I have received many valuable responses and support from generous experienced owners. Also just by reading general posts you gain so much information

I think collectively we have upped the standards in villa rental and guests can only benefit from that.

Just thought the guests might like to know that [msncool]

Bernadette

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i].

So be prepared for a deluge of trip reports when the easter break is over. Only wish I was one of them, but as I only came back last week, that would be being greedy. although still looking for a last minute suitable price.
    [/quote]

i so hope so i get such a thrill when reading others trip reports!! more so cos we know a lot of the places people talk about !!
    Liesa