Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The OV Forums seem quiet!!

Florida Savvy
    I LOVE this forum aswell, i must admit im not a regular on here i tend to browse around when im all booked up for my next trip to florida otherwise i just get depressed when i see other peoples countdowns and i dont have lol

But i always feel that if i have'nt been on for a few weeks or months i can always come back to it and feel very at home here - Its very handy whenever i need a little Orlando fix [msnsmile]
    Sarah

Florida Expert
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:[i]The matrix here is based on commission and not true cash savings and true enjoyable experiences in Florida. I can and have purchased everything this site offers considerably cheaper but when people post the links they are edited out.
    [/quote]
    Neil
    I disagree with your comments. This site is primarily for people who love vacationing in Florida. I agree most things are cheaper elsewhere. But it's for advise, recommendations, things to avoid (I-Drive!), and meeting new friends.
    I'm a Florida resident. And I've met people from here who are visiting Florida. I think I've given good advise about what to do, and what not to do.

Talking about the recession. Virgin are still bringing in three 747s a day into MCO. There must still be brits with money out there!

Enjoy. And be safe.
    Jeff & Amy Stephens

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Talking about the recession. Virgin are still bringing in three 747s a day into MCO. [/quote]yup and on June 13th we'll be on one of them.....

Florida Junior
    I AGREE WITH JAN. I WAS BROWSING THIS FORUM 6 MONTHS BEFOR I JOINED THE FORUM AND IT WAS ALL THE GREAT TIPS&INFO THAT MADE ME DO SO. AS NEIL SAID YOU CAN GET CHEAPER AS WE DID WITH ARE FLEXI-TICKETS. BUT WE GOT ARE CAR-HIRE FROM HERE. BUT IF ANYTHING WAS TO GO WRONG WOULD YOU GET THE HELP & ASSISTANCE THAT RODGER AND THE TEAM PROVIDE ON ANY OTHER FORUM ?

things to avoid (I-Drive!)

Yes it does have tacky shops, but to say it is a place to avoid is not fair!
    We always enjoy a walk or drive up and down it.

Gold 5 Star Member
    The person spamming this site with adverts for Nike shoes etc must be trying to liven up things(all the posts will probably be removed by the time you read this!!!!)

Florida Chatterbox
    Oh well, that's Neil scared off then.....[msnwink]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Why is that then?

He posted making several statements that people did not agree with. This is a *discussion* forums and some people posted their views, all very politely. Why you think this would scare someone off is beyond me, but if you choose to think that then so be it [msnwink].

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by FraserLynn
    Oh well, that's Neil scared off then.....[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Ooops - just realised that when working through the Report To Moderator notifications earlier concerning the person trying to flog Nike shoes, I managed to delete a reply by atush to this thread. It went something along the lines of "I wish this forum was not so biased".

I'm at a loss to see why they think our forum is biased. If it's because we don't generally discuss hotels here then I would comment that it is called the Orlando *Villas* Forum and says so at the top of every page. It's no surprise that the main subject of the forums, as far as accommodation goes, is renting a privately owned vacation home in Orlando. If the bias is aimed at another area then I'm lost as to what.

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
    Why is that then?[/quote]Well, he was posting at the rate of 2 or 3 a day and has now stopped, that's all. I really have no desire to get into a *discussion* about it, it was just an observation.[msnsmile2]

Interestingly, when you look up the meaning of discussion you get:

DISCUSSION – Discussion is the way that most people communicate. During discussion we present our ideas and everyone analyzes and dissects them from their different points of view. The purpose of discussion, though, it to make sure you win, or that your point of view is the one that is accepted. During the discussion you will support your idea and give your points more strongly until, eventually, others agree with you. You want to prove that you are right, and the most knowledgeable, as does everyone else in the discussion. Great!

Sure sounds familiar - especially if a view is in the minority.[msnwink]

DIALOGUE – Dialogue on the other hand is an exploration of ideas. It is not a new form of communication but is the way the ancient Greeks and many so called ‘primitive’ societies are seen to explore ideas. During dialogue everyone works together contributing towards the idea; therefore more is achieved from the dialogue as each person’s ideas add to the last. In a dialogue no one is trying to win. They are trying to learn and create. They suspend their individual assumptions and explore ideas and issues. It is a free flow of ideas where participants continue to think and watch themselves think. The great physicists Heisenberg, Pauli, Einstein and Bohr described the conversations they had with each other. As we know from history their conversations (dialogue) changed traditional physics because what they could achieve as a group exceeded what each could do as individuals. Interesting? So who is ‘primitive’ now?