Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Budget through US Car Hire

Budget through US Car Hire

I've searched but only found people who rented a car from Dollar.

Can anyone tell me how renting from Budget through US Car Hire works at MCO? We've rented a 7 seater mini van.
    It is the first time we rent through both US Car Hire as well as Budget.

Florida Chatterbox
    Very smoothly, we rented a Ford Explorer through budget in Feb 08 and the whole process was great. On the last day we I went to load up the suitcases in the car and we had a puncture, one quick call to Budget and about 45 mins later another Ford Explorer was delivered to us to use to get back to the airport. I was really impressed with the both the speed and the fact that they delivered a replacement vehicle that was the same, especially as it was the last day and all we needed to do was get back to the airport. No hesitation in recommended you use them

Florida Expert
    I am also a fan of Budget Car Hire, have used them both from Orlando and Tampa; you should have no real problems. All car hire companies have the odd hitch you just have to rise above them at the time but the above post should give you confidence.
    Clare R

Glad to hear positive sounds!!
    Thanks!

We have booked with Budget twice and each time we had nearly new cars and no problems

Lynne
    Lynne

Gold 5 Star Member
    We have used Budget on many occasions, with no problems and got a free upgrade once.
    Jan&Steve

Another question about Budget came to mind.
    Last year we rented from Alamo and we could pick out our own car, in the same category of course.
    Can you also pick out your car with Budget? And does anyone know what 7 seaters they have now?
    Thanks

Florida Savvy
    We just used them. After nearly three hours waiting in line, we got up to the desk. We had ordered a 7 seater, but all that they could offer us was a Hyundai Santa Fe with 5 seats and a TON of trunk space, or a Jeep something or other. We didn't feel like messing with the back row on the Jeep to get the luggage in, so we took the Santa Fe. I had intended to compare the car we got with the car we booked for price, but at the end of the day we didn't need the 7 seats and it was a nice car. After a 10.5 hour flight and a three hour wait in line, we just wanted to get into bed.

This is supposed to be a recomendation by the way. The girl at the desk was really helpful. It wasn't her fault that they only had two cars left in our category - between spring break and the shuttle launch, everyone wanted to rent a car - hence the lines.

That doesn't sound too good to me, we would really miss the space in a 7 seater.....

Florida Savvy
    There was still plenty of space on the inside. We are only a family of four anyway, so with the huge boot that was in the Santa Fe, it was no different to how we usually drive with the third row down in our van.