Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Budget through US Car Hire

Florida Expert
    There should, availability allowing, have no problem with getting an upgrade at the kiosk. In January having paid for a 4-door Budget compact we ended up with a small SUV.
    Clare R

Florida Chatterbox
    Am I right in thinking that my wife will be automatically insured to drive our hire car with Budget without registering her?
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Am I right in thinking that my wife will be automatically insured to drive our hire car with Budget without registering her?[/quote]

The T&Cs of Budget clearly say that a Spouse or partner is covered to drive.

Lately I get my car most of the time on Budget fast track when my wife is driving, and I never register her(as there is no provision to do so)

The T&cs are on the Jacket of the Budget paperwork you receive.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pubmaster2k
    Am I right in thinking that my wife will be automatically insured to drive our hire car with Budget without registering her?[/quote]According to the FAQs...http://www.floridahire.com/faq.aspx<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Do all drivers have to be present when collecting the car?

All drivers must show their license and sign the contract before being legally allowed and insured to drive.[/quote]
    blott

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pubmaster2k
    Am I right in thinking that my wife will be automatically insured to drive our hire car with Budget without registering her?[/quote]I'm sure she will be insured but I had a bad experience with Budget a few weeks ago when the agent demanded that my son produce his own credit card to be able to drive the car despite me having done so as the lead driver.

May be different for a spouse/partner but you might want to bear it in mind.

When we collected our car from Budget in January this year John was the lead driver and myself the second .I wasn't asked to show any documentation at all and didn't sign anything either.Should I insist I do next month?

Florida Chatterbox
    For piece of mind I shall check with the agent in MCO. Thanks all.
    Errol

[url]http://www.orlandovillas.com/Villas/1616.aspx[/url]

Florida Newbie
    We're thinking of renting via Budget this year (due to price - £130 less than Dollar), does anyone know if the Budget pick-up desks at MCO and Miami are actually in the airport - rather than a bus-ride away ?

At MCO they are.

Florida Newbie
    At MCO desk is in airport and you just walk across the road into the multi-story car park to get to your car.