Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Budget fast track

Florida Junior

Budget fast track

Wonder if anybody can help with a Budget fast track question. I have hired a car from Florida car hire and received the voucher so and then reqistered with Budget for the fast track system. I would also want my wife to drive the car as an additional driver. Does this mean that I need to go to the main hire desk to register her details or can I still by pass the desk using fast track and go directly to the car pick up point? I ask this question because the Budget registration system did not ask for any of my wifes details which I would have thought would have been required for her to be allowed to drive the car.

Administrator
    If you have more than 1 driver then you need to go to the main queue (sorry!) as Budget need to see the licenses of the other drivers.

I know in practise often the additional drivers are not asked to show their license. We took this up with Budget who say that if a clerk on the desk does not ask for the details of the additional drivers then insist that they do make a note on the paperwork.

Florida Junior
    Thanks Roger for clearing that up for me. I shall just have to treat it as a bit of queuing practice for the main event i suppose.

Florida Newbie
    Hi ,
    We have booked with budget and I have registered with them inserting my husbands details.

Is this us now registered with their fast track program ?

All it said was you have now registered

Thanks

Florida Newbie
    i also have this dilemma as there will be 2 other drivers as well as myself. dont fancy a 2 to 3 hour wait. surelly someone must have added details at the kiosk

Gold 5 Star Member
    I take it that there shouldn't be a problem with adding the other driver at a later time? I would seriously consider avoiding the wait on arrival and returning to the desk at a time the next day when things might be quieter.

Florida Newbie
    its a 45 min drive back to the airport though, and either way will be a waste of 2 hours of our holiday. i'm sure i have read somewhere that people have added the extra drivers details at the kiosk, sometimes budget dont even ask for extra drivers details which i find a little strange

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:its a 45 min drive back to the airport though, and either way will be a waste of 2 hours of our holiday. i'm sure i have read somewhere that people have added the extra drivers details at the kiosk, sometimes budget dont even ask for extra drivers details which i find a little strange[/quote]

You don't have to go back to the airport, there are loads of Budget offices around Orlando.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andy365
    its a 45 min drive back to the airport though, and either way will be a waste of 2 hours of our holiday. i'm sure i have read somewhere that people have added the extra drivers details at the kiosk, sometimes budget dont even ask for extra drivers details which i find a little strange
    [/quote]

I do take your point Andy but it might be preferable after 12 hours of traveling so it's at least worth considering. Of course you don't need to decide what you will do in advance as you can weigh up if the wait's too long for you when you get there.

Welcome by the way!!

Florida Savvy
    I pre-registered with Budget back in January, and it only struck me later that I couldn't remember whether I had added my wife on as an extra driver. Anyway, we went to the kiosk (Orlando Int) - this was about 4 weeks ago, early March - & while it wasn't just a matter of picking the key up they put my wife on the rental without any problem. At least I avoided the main queue in the terminal. However, whether I got lucky with the agent or whether this was policy I really can't say. But I got out a lot quicker than going to the main rental desk - that I am sure of as 5there was no queue. And no sales pitch for 'extras' either.
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx