Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Disney Quest for us?

Is Disney Quest for us?

We are off to Orlando later this year (October), the wife and myself only this time. We both love the theme parks, especially the thrill rides. As we are both getting on a bit (52 & 47), is Disney Quest for us, or are we too old and wouldn't enjoy so much? I wouldn't like to go to the expense only to find that it doesn't have the thrill (white knuckle) rides/simulators that we enjoy.

TIA

Didn't think it was for us.

Do you like video games, video acardes and simulators? If yes then you will love it.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by BIGEYE
    We are off to Orlando later this year (October), the wife and myself only this time. We both love the theme parks, especially the thrill rides. As we are both getting on a bit (52 & 47), is Disney Quest for us, or are we too old and wouldn't enjoy so much? I wouldn't like to go to the expense only to find that it doesn't have the thrill (white knuckle) rides/simulators that we enjoy.

TIA
    [/quote]

We took a look at Disney Quest last week, never been there before. I was in my element with all the retro video games - Galaxian, Space Invaders, all stuff from my era (there are current generation video games too of course). The kids were grinning like Cheshire Cats when they tried the roller-coaster simulator. It is similar to the computer game Rollercoaster Tycoon, in that you design your own rollercoaster on a PC. Then you climb in the simulator, and ride your own creation! So the ride is as tame or as scary as you want. My two youngest girls made quite a tame one, then when their ride finished the Disney op asked if they had survived the one loop, then inserted another 4 loops and sent them round again! They thought it was brilliant. My 23 year old went for maximum thrills, he came out looking quite green!

I enjoyed most being sent into comic-book world, I think the game was called Comix, you wear a virtual reality headset, and are armed with a light-sabre, and fight against comic book bad-guys. It's very impressive, and looks hilarious to the people watching you as you flail around!

If your ticket includes Disney Quest without sacrificing a day anywhere else, then I think it's worth a look, if only for a couple of hours. It was a sunny day when we went so it was very quiet, with no more than a 15 minute wait for anything, most things were just walk-on. I imagine that on a rainy day it would be bedlam in there.
    Dave.

Hi can someone tell me where disney quest is? is it in downtown disney? We have the option of using our tickets there but not sure if it would be worth using a day if only there for few hours? We are travelling as 2 adults with 2 girls of 17 and a girl of 10? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Melanie

Arborfield, Berkshire, UK & Davenport, Florida
    Yes Melanie it is at Downtown Disney. You cannot miss it - it is a huge building next to Cirque du Soliel. It it at the opposite end of the carpark to the shopping area at Downtown Disney.

Our kids loved it when we went a few years ago. The last time we went a few things had changed so not sure what it is like now as they may have been adding some newer games.
    Frances

Florida Savvy
    Sounds great, are all the attractions inside free or are there any extra costs once you have paid for admission
    Ian Mcc

THe Aladdin simulator and the Pirates one are good too -I enjoy it, and the cheesecake!
    Also it is across from the house of blues- excellent

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Sounds good the kids would love it
    Tracy

Bigeye,

52 and 47 is not old!! It is actually the perfect age (same as my husband and myself!). We too love the thrill rides, and whenever we have been to Florida by ourselves, we usually spend a couple of days in the parks, just doing all the big rides. Once, when we went to Busch Gardens, we did Sheik Ra 14 times in a row!! There was absolutely no queue, and we got the front row every time..... Fantastic!!

Nuala
    http://www.orlandovillarental.com/florida-vacation-rental-3291.aspx