Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Traditional Sunday Lunch

Florida Newbie

Traditional Sunday Lunch

Hi all, i will be traveling out on the 2nd April, and just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice place where our party can find a good old home made traditional Sunday roast dinner.

The wife is very funny about her gravy, and if she does not have her weekly fix she will ruin our holiday.[B)]only joking.

Many thanks in advance.

Gold 5 Star Member
    You mean a British traditional Sunday roast dinner?

You could try the Rose and Crown in Epcot or a British pub I suppose but, in the main, you'll get American food and American gravy which is unfortunately nothing like it's British counterpart, apart from its name. You'll be lucky also to find roast potatoes but American mashed potatoes are really yummy.

Still, going to another country gives everyone the ideal opportunity to be very adventurous and try the local food - you never know, you might even like it and make some new favourites!
    blott

Florida Newbie
    Many thanks for that, its appreciated.

Have been many times before, however i have found that a lot of the British pubs are actually run by American folk and that your right,nothing like it's British counterpart.

We are all adventurous, however sometimes you can also have enough of burgers, steaks, ribs and the funny bacon[msnwink].

Last time we drove for miles and eventually found a place next door to wet n wild. Anyone have any ideas as to if it is still there?

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think that American restaurants serving British meals are on the same level as British restaurants serving American dishes. Personally, I avoid both.

I'm just trying to recall if I've ever even seen a joint of meat in a US supermarket of the type we buy to roast for Sunday dinner over here. I don't think I have.

Florida Expert
    You can get beautiful meat out in Florida for your Sunday dinner in any of the supermarkets. I always cook Sunday dinner out here about twice a week and use the juice from the meat with good old fashion Bisto Gravy Salt for gravy just the same at home. The gravy salt is fine to take with you out to Florida as it has no meat in it.
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-38.aspx

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by swansea jack
    Hi all, i will be traveling out on the 2nd April, and just wondering if anyone could recommend a nice place where our party can find a good old home made traditional Sunday roast dinner.

The wife is very funny about her gravy, and if she does not have her weekly fix she will ruin our holiday.[B)]only joking.

Many thanks in advance.[/quote]Leave the wife at home and take pictures of what you get served and send them back to her "boyo"[msnwink].

I love my Sunday roast and today was no different but to be honest, the last four times I was in Orlando it never crossed my mind once.

Gold 5 Star Member
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by normajohnp
    You can get beautiful meat out in Florida for your Sunday dinner in any of the supermarkets. I always cook Sunday dinner out here about twice a week and use the juice from the meat with good old fashion Bisto Gravy Salt for gravy just the same at home. The gravy salt is fine to take with you out to Florida as it has no meat in it.[/quote]Without doubt meat is plentiful and generally of good quality in US supermarkets but I've never seen anything like a traditional British butcher's shop over there. You almost never see offal away from the big cities and something that always surprises me is how difficult it is to get hold of a fresh raw chicken to roast.

Florida Newbie
    Guess i have now found a potential market, even during these bad times. Pauls Sunday roast it is. (or Boyos for Swifty).[msnsmile]

Florida Savvy
    There is a restaurant in Berry Town Center on US27 (I think that it was called Sundays), next to Publix, that advertises sunday roast dinners. They also do traditional fish and chips. We didn't try them as I thought they were pretty pricey ($18 for fish'n chips). They also show the footie for those that are interested.