Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: US food you can't get in the UK.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Aunt Jemima pancake and waffle mixes. Also Betty Crocker cookie mixes. Although they do some in Asda and Sainsburys now as usual we get ripped off. The packs from US of oatmeal raisin cookies make 3 dozen and for twice the price the UK version makes 8!
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    Sunny D [ Florida version} the one sold here is like dish water compared the the rich fruity taste of the Sunny D you can get in Publix we drink it by the Gallon when we'r there.

Florida Newbie
    Now sorry I posted this topic......[msncry] Your replys make me hungry.

My greatest love of Orlando is the food and it's diverse menu's and even though we can get similar stuff in the UK it's just not the same here.

BTW I am 11 stone and have been since I left school. I just love food and Orlando has it all.

Florida Savvy
    Mines not food either lol its shampoo pantene for afro hair cant live without it, i always bring lots back and i tell my friends to get it for me aswell!
    Sarah

Florida Savvy
    The best BBQ sauce that we have had is Sweet Baby Rays. Yummy!

Florida Chatterbox
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quoteo they have vegetarians in the US[msnwink][/quote]They do when I'm out there!!! [msnwink][msnwink]

We have found lots for me in both restaurants and the supermarkets, so I am quite happy when out there. To be honest, I wouldn't care if I had to 'make do' with the same meal every day, as long as I was in Florida!!! I would eat bread and drink water every day (and lose weight!)just to be there now! [msnsad] Need to get booking the next trip out there soon!!!

I love the dressing on the Olive Garden salad. Haven't brought any back yet but I think I should!! And the cinnamon in EVERYTHING! I LOVE cinnamon, especially in the cereals! [msnsmile2]
    Francine

Florida Savvy
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Neil Swift
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orchidvilla
    Heinz 57 Steak sauce, its simular to our brown sauce but a lot nicer, always bring a couple of bottles back for when i have me cooked breckies......
    [/quote]

Why are the Americans soooooo good at sauces?

I take your Heinz 57 Steak sauce and raise you a Hunt's Hickory & Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce [msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by another
    Morning Star vegetarian products!!
    [/quote]

Do they have vegetarians in the US[msnwink]
    [/quote]

Will see your Hunt's Hickory & Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce and raise you double and a Nellie and Joe's Famous Key West Lime juice for making your own Key Lime pie.

William Sonoma key lime Margarita mix, rarely available but perfection.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I have found a margarita mix in the UK, can only be bought in Asda or wholesale Makro, in smallish bottle, can only make about three tall glasses with them.

I used to bring home the big bucket tub mix from Walmart, but with the liquid ban can't do that anymore.
    CERI

The william Sonoma one is exceptional, if its in season when you next over try it, it is a real treat.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CERICROWLEY
    I have found a margarita mix in the UK, can only be bought in Asda or wholesale Makro, in smallish bottle, can only make about three tall glasses with them.

I used to bring home the big bucket tub mix from Walmart, but with the liquid ban can't do that anymore.
    [/quote]