Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Spring break this year

Spring break this year

Hi can anyone tell me what dates the spring break is this year, as we are going on the same dates we went 3 years ago(12th april)and the parks in the first week were mad busy
    thanks in advance
    Mike
    If Everton were playing in my back garden i would close the curtains
    (Shanks)

Springbreak has been and gone, your going during easter which is as busy or perhaps busier.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by dynomike red
    Hi can anyone tell me what dates the spring break is this year, as we are going on the same dates we went 3 years ago(12th april)and the parks in the first week were mad busy
    thanks in advance
    Mike
    [/quote]

Florida Chatterbox
    I'm in florida now and I thought spring break started last week as it was very busy at the airport. My husband and nephew went into Epcot last week and managed to do all the rides a couple of times.

Yesterday they returned to do MGM, Animal Kingdom and into Epcot late afternoon but it was so busy that they decided to come home.

He thinks it's because all states are now on spring break.

Most of the rides had exceptionally long wait periods for fast passes but they found that they could get on using single rider lines.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Spring break normally lasts through March - each State has different dates.

If you're going from 12 April that's one of the two Easter weeks but some US schools just have the Easter weekend as a holiday (presumably depending on when and how long their spring break was).

Things should start quietening down from the end of your first week although UK schools also have staggered holiday periods these days.
    blott

Thanks for the quick replys guys
    blott, what u have said seems to tie in with what happened last time we went.It did go alot quieter towards the end of the first week.Fast passes it is then[msnsmile2]
    (Shanks)

Florida Savvy
    According to a site I found Spring Break started mid-February and runs through to Friday 10th April. The week with the highest number of students on Break was w/c 16th March when 2.1M students were off - and thats just the colleges - don't know how many of the younger kids were off as well! However as we were over at that time we didn't go into the Theme Parks much in the daytime. Went to AK about 9.30 one day & left by 12. The following week wasn't quite as bad - only 0.7M off. This week its down to 200k.
    Alan

http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-1732.aspx

Thanks Alan
    I think we should be alright next week and the parks wont be as busy(fingers crossed)[msnsmile]
    (Shanks)

Administrator
    Spring Break in Osceola is this week - hence we have taken a trip away with the kids this week.