Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Have you ever done something stupid?

Florida Newbie

Have you ever done something stupid?

Have you ever done something really stupid whilst on holiday?

I have a few tales of woe and complete stupidity and I'll start the ball rolling and try and keep it as short as possible.

The last time we were in Orlando was March 2007. Got to the villa quite late so had a look round had a few Buds and straight to bed. Next morning we were going to Sea World so up bright and early and to my amazement the 192 was clear and when we got to Sea World no queues at the entrance. We had two shows that we wanted to see and thought 15 minutes would be enough time to start queueing before the start but we were annoyed that the shows didn't start for another hour and fifteen minutes and the others queueing with us were feeling the same. The next day was much the same, no trafic or queues but waiting an hour longer for shows to start (some of you might have sussed this out by now[msnembarrased]). Third day Wet N Wild and I love water parks but at 4'O clock they started throwing us out. Furious I went to the turstiles and demanded to know why we were being evicted at 4'O clock....... " Sir it's 5'O clock, they went forward an hour last week".......[msncry][msnembarrased][msnembarrased][msnembarrased]

Neil, that is pretty daft. Many years ago I went to a company do and was told it was black tie, it was jacet & tie. stood out a little [msnembarrased]
    Regards, Mark

Florida Newbie
    <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
    Neil, that is pretty daft. Many years ago I went to a company do and was told it was black tie, it was jacet & tie. stood out a little [msnembarrased]
    [/quote]

Looks like it's just us then Mark[msnembarrased]

Well I might as well drag my father in law in then. It was his turn to drive and we were going to the Space Centre. We ended up at a bank near Daytona Beach called Kennedy Space Centre Federal Credit Union. Turns out he wasn't familiar with sat navs....oh we did laugh[msncry][msncry]

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    This is one of those that wasn't funny at the time......on the day we arrived my wife decided to blow up the li-lo or as I believe it is called in the States a floater(!). anyway her tooth caught on the nozzle and snapped-it was her front tooth--so even though it was a Sunday I rang a dentist,drove 40 miles to his surgery -paid a fee of about £175 and then heard him tell my wife that he could fit her a jaw implant for $5000 and she wouldn't be able to eat solids for 6 weeks-we explained that this was not in our budget and that our insurance probably wouldn't cover it-we recovered the tooth-got some superglue ( i kid you not) and for 2 weeks my wife became a world expert at sticking her front tooth back in with superglue

Gold 5 Star Member
    On a road I knew very well, and with a police bike behind me I drove at exactly 40mph for about 3 miles.

Finally the police bike stopped me and asked "what speed were you driving sir?' - I replied "exactly 40mph!"

The policeman said "that is exactly what I made it as well; however the speed limit got reduced to 30mph some weeks ago and you passed several 30mph signs" with a big grin "be more observant in future Sir!"

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
    On a road I knew very well, and with a police bike behind me I drove at exactly 40mph for about 3 miles.

Finally the police bike stopped me and asked "what speed were you driving sir?' - I replied "exactly 40mph!"

The policeman said "that is exactly what I made it as well; however the speed limit got reduced to 30mph some weeks ago and you passed several 30mph signs" with a big grin "be more observant in future Sir!"
    [/quote]Brilliant. At least he let you off.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Chatterbox
    we came to a toll charge and i couldn't find ma quarters and there was a rather large queue behind us so i went through and buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz alarm went off.

i found the quarters and put them in anyway felt a rite umpty so i did.

but when i did this car zoomed through buzzzzzzz buzzzzzzzz...anyway 3 days later i find a dollar rental on 192 and went in...told him what happened and he said itl be fine sir no worries first offence ....

i was ragin as it put a damper on my holliday for 3 days..

paul and fiona

Florida Newbie
    I did something similar in Italy Jaff.

Driving back from Naples to Rome I went through the wrong toll booth which was for fast pass users so I didn't get a ticket. When I got to Rome the booth operator asked for my ticket and I didn't have one so he gave me a bill for 58 Euro'[msnwink]s. I will get round to paying it one day